Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kinder Plateau – Tonight. Frost, Sunset, mud, tears
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hi,
    Anyone fancy a ride round the plateau this evening/night? Got the urge for some exercise and have wanted to do this for years.
    Should be slightly less mud and ramblers about …

Probably be in Hayfield for about 6pm

cheers

slowoldman

Is there less mud in the evenings?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Is there less mud in the evenings?

Good point, erm no. I didn’t phrase that very well. Should be less ramblers in the evening and hopefully not too much mud as it hasn’t rained much for a while.

perhaps

anyway, got sleeping bag, bivvy bag, and some left over naan bread * and 5 partly charged lights. What could possibly go wrong.

* and weirdly enough precisely one five pound note. Though the naan bread is wrapped in cellophane.

Oops. an hour late.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

😕
    Well that was a bit…
    something.
    From Hayfield up Jacob’s easy side and then along the west side of the plateau. Very slow going, quite a lot of ice and some bits of snow. Lots of walking but also lots of brilliant slabby riding.
    Got to above Ashop Head and binned it. Already had 2/5 flat batteries and not enough to get round. Also deeply cold and a bit spooked from being on the moor on my own in that wind.

So went down William Clough, which sucked deeply. Then up to the Shooting Cabin and round to Carr Meadow Farm.

The annoying thing is that I still don’t know if it’s worth it. I pushed loads of it, but then I also pushed up much of Jacobs Easy side, which I normally ride all of.

Anyone got any more info on the rest of the plateau path? Is it worth going back on a sunny June evening and doing in the light?

jekkyl

rest now weary traveller and imbibe alcohol.

slowoldman

Well I’ve walked it many a time. I can’t see a lot of the footpath on the north edge being a great deal of fun on a bike – probably a lot of pushing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kinder Plateau – Tonight. Frost, Sunset, mud, tears’ is closed to new replies.