Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Washing machine won't drain?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Got the water out through the drain hose. Unscrewed the plastic cover that shields the impeller. 20p piece came out but still the impeller is not spinning fast enough to drain. Presume I need to go round the back or underneath to get to the back of the impeller and the pump?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Has the impeller slipped off the shaft,sometimes they are only held on with an o-ring

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Don't think so – the impeller is spinning just not very fast and rather noisily

KennySenior
    Free Member

I've checked mine, it's draining fine. Must just be yours.

spooky_b329

Does it need to spin fast? Remember its pumping thick water not air, so it might not need to go at warp speed.

mark381
    Free Member

Had this on mine a few months back. Mine was caused by a blockage in the flexible pipe underneath that went to the filter thats accessible at the front of the machine. I just had to get behind the machine and tilt it to approx 45 degrees, release the flexible pipe the was held on with sprung clips and then have a poke around.

Keef
    Free Member

yup,almost certainly a blocked pump/hose.you need to get into the back,disconect hose from pump,and clean them both out.also check filter (if fitted)

brassneck

Had this on mine a few months back. Mine was caused by a blockage in the flexible pipe underneath that went to the filter thats accessible at the front of the machine. I just had to get behind the machine and tilt it to approx 45 degrees, release the flexible pipe the was held on with sprung clips and then have a poke around.

Nail – meet head.

Have to do this a couple of times a year, usually a toddlers sock that made it past the filters… small change is another fave, that twists and blocks it completely.

You'll probably have to bail out from the drum a few litres, then rain the bottom before you can lift it – your manual should show you where the drain is

MrTall
    Free Member

Mine did something similar recently, went noisy for a while and then packed up mid wash and refused to drain.

I got a nice little man in who sorted it by replacing the motor thingy around the back – the plastic jobby in it had snapped (are you enjoying my technical terms) and now it's all fine.

Would never attempt to fix it myself – i'd just break it.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all – all fixed now – more loose change removed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Washing machine won't drain?’ is closed to new replies.