Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Washing five tens
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

My five tens have not been washed ever since new and they are getting filthy and the grip seems to be getting less as well. Are these suitable to wash in the washing machine without any consequences and if so what settings ?

smatkins1
    Free Member

I chucked my freeriders in the wash a few times with no consequence. I put them in at 40 once and the soles where incredibly sticky when they came out! Prob best to keep the heat down.

I hear some of the older impacts had a lot of cardboard like material in the in-sole. Although that could be complete nonsense. If true I suspect putting them in the washing machine might not be a good idea.

v666ern
    Free Member

Hosepipe when washing down the bike Shirley?

johnhe

“Hosepipe when washing down the bike Shirley?”

This gets my vote.

Tracey

Ours go in the wash on a regular basis at 40 deg. Apart from the soles feeling a bit stickier when walking they have been fine.

tom.nash

Washing machine on a ‘quick wash’ at 30deg has worked a treat on my Freerider Elements then sprayed with a re-proofer spray – been going strong for 10 months now.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The early impacts did indemnity d have a cardboard lasting board in them. It doesn’t like being washed at all. Take the insole out and have a look.

breadcrumb

I scrapped the cardboard out of my Impacts, just put an extra insole in.

I just washed them by hand in the sink, thought they might lunch the washing machine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Washing five tens’ is closed to new replies.