Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Warning: misogyny content – why do women…
  • ourmaninthenorth

…all drive cars with the seat back tilted forward and their noses almost on the windscreen?

Doesn't seem to make a difference if they're tall or small, thin or fat, they all do it.

Why?

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

My wife does, she leans forward with only the small of her back on the seat!

joolsburger
    Free Member

When I've asked it's so they can see the corners of the bonnet.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

…and why are the majority of accidents caused by men?

Nick

In polls, 85% of drivers said they were above average.

grunty
    Free Member

Mine doesn't!

My wife has the seat back tilted further back than I do so as to 'not mess up her hair'.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Becasue they are generally shorter than men and have proportionatly shorter arms, but longer legs.

MrsPP is the same height as me, and when I get in after she's driven, I have to move the seat forewards one notch and recline the backrest a bit.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

In polls, 85% of drivers said they were above average.

99% of statistics are made up on the spot

cynic-al
    Free Member

100% of "x% of statistics are…" jokes are mediocre.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I wonder which of us is built wrong out of me and the wife as we don't need to adjust the seat or the mirrors when we swap drivers!

Nick, the 85% who considert themselves about average are scarey. The 15% who consider themselves below average and do nothing about it are really scarey!

binners

And while we're having a 'why do women…..?' thread

Why do women…..when at a supermarket checkout look surprised, when having had all the shopping scanned, they are asked to provide some method of payment?

Then and only then will they start rummaging around in their bags to find their purse amongst the liferaft, 7 make-up bags, survival kit, anvil, canoe and whatever else is in their bags?

wwaswas

85% of drivers said they were above average.

but if 15% of people are really, really rubbish then that might be true?

Like all those people with only one leg dragging the national 'average number of legs per person' statistics down? the average is less than 2 but most people have more than average?

nickc

Are we just doing general weird shit that women do that men just simply don't understand?

Like when Mrs nickc asks me if her hair looks OK when we go out, and I look, and it's no different from any other time, and I shrug and she gets the hump..?

ourmaninthenorth

I excuse Mrs North – she's only 4'10", but I see women who are taller than me using less space than is afforded a veal calf.

Stop it..!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Why do women…..when at a supermarket checkout look surprised, when having had all the shopping scanned, they are asked to provide some method of payment?

Yeah I've pondered that one. Where's their allegedly great multi-tasking when you need it?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Squeezing spots I have known a number of women who like doing this, it's very, very odd.

voodoo-rich

multi-tasking

or, as I like to call it*, "trying to do too many things at once and not finishing any of them properly…"

*but only very quietly, and after she's left the room…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Because the majority of drivers are men?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nick, the 85% who considert themselves about average are scarey. The 15% who consider themselves below average and do nothing about it are really scarey!

Maybe that 15% didn't know, or actually thought they were average?

Like when Mrs nickc asks me if her hair looks OK when we go out, and I look, and it's no different from any other time, and I shrug and she gets the hump..?

Don't you know nuffink? ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS say it looks great or fantastic. Or, say it looks lovely and really catches the light. something like that you fool!

(To ba fair, at £80 for a haircut every month, and an hour every day washing, styling and blow drying, it bloody well should do!)

wwaswas

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS say it looks great or fantastic. Or, say it looks lovely and really catches the light.

then you fall into the

'Well what was wrong with it before, then?'

conversation which is even more scarey…

ART

He he – the women clamped to the steering wheel makes me snigger too, even though they are my sisterhood, but then I've been accused on many occasion of driving like a bloke … go figure. 🙄 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

Waves! 🙂

hels
    Free Member

I hate it when people live down to predjudices.

But sadly I know 3 people who are terrifyingly poor drivers, two are women and 1 is a gay man. Not very scientific I know.

Oh and all the hair stuff and phaffing around at the supermarket, thats to annoy you..,

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I am a s**t driver, and am neither a lady or gay.

nickc

I'm an entirely average driver.

GrahamS

Why do women… always need films explained to them?

"Who's the guy in the hat?"
    "I thought he died already?"
    "So who was Tyler Durden then?"

I thought they were supposed to be the empathic listeners so why can't they follow a simple narrative plot?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Why do the women in my spinning class look so damn good in lycra?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I recall once having a bit of a rant about women drivers, and my mate just quietly stated that male drivers are just bad, only in a different way to women.

He was right too. I'm just a lot more comfortable with my own inadequacies than those of other people.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yeah I've pondered that one. Where's their allegedly great multi-tasking when you need it?
    Posted 2 hours ago # Report-Post

I too ponder this endlessly at the checkout. I have often thought it has something to do with their requirement to think of everything in terms of guilt. Guilt over having spent so much on food and the thought it will do to their figure? Ofc thinking ahead is purely a man skill.

wwaswas

thinking ahead is purely a man skill.

from the number of blokes who unwittingly lose their families to divorce 'cos they can't keep their flies done up I'd say that wasn't a man skill at all, really.

Bunnyhop

All my female mtbing friends are really good drivers.
    Whereas my non biking friends frighten me to death, I cling onto those elbow rests. They don't signal, cut up cyclists and do have their noses up to the windscreen. I would never, ever, ever go on a motorway in a car driven by the non biking friends.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Then and only then will they start rummaging around in their bags to find their purse amongst the liferaft, 7 make-up bags, survival kit, anvil, canoe and whatever else is in their bags?

I've genuinely never seen this?

binners

Is that cos you've never actually been in a supermaket as thats the wifes department coffeeeking 😉

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I am a s**t driver, and am neither a lady or gay.

Maybe a woman trapped in a man's body?

The driving skill thing is interesting. My opinion is that women tend to drive more carefully but men tend to be more capable at driving fast – obviously plenty of exceptions. So if men are more likely to have an accident it's because they are closer to their limit more often. Possibly women cause accidents by being overly cautious – slowing down significantly, and even stopping, at a roundabout when there is nothing coming.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Women actually have more accidents than men. It's just that men have bigger accidents. A woman will claim for a small scratch whereas a bloke will do the job properly. Statistics from a well know insurance company….

retro83
    Free Member

Women actually have more accidents than men. It's just that men have bigger accidents. A woman will claim for a small scratch whereas a bloke will do the job properly. Statistics from a well know insurance company….

Also men drive quite a bit further!
    http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1660

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"Maybe a woman trapped in a man's body?" Nah, I was just trying to be argumentative. I dont actually use the car that much, I prefer to use my (motor)bike, and will freely admit that whilst doing so, I assume every other road user is an utter t**t.

Why do women like to "go shopping"
    Shopping is what you have to do as an alternative to having no food to eat and no clothes to wear.
    It is not an activity in itself.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Is that cos you've never actually been in a supermaket as thats the wifes department coffeeeking

In one 😀

Mr_C
    Free Member

Shopping is what you have to do as an alternative to having no food to eat and no clothes to wear.
    It is not an activity in itself.

Just to play devil's advocate it could be argued that cycling is just a means of transport to get from A to B – not an activity in itself.

I'm no great fan of shopping myself, but each to there own.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Warning: misogyny content – why do women…’ is closed to new replies.