Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Warm/Dry feet with Flat Pedals
  • windysurfer
    Free Member

Currently riding with Teva links and seal skins and wondering if there’s anything better out there to help keep my feet warmer/drier during the winter.

There seems to be plenty of choice for clipless pedals but nothing for flats.

Whats everyone else using?

cheers

fizik
    Free Member

I can wear trainer socks with my teva links in snow and still have warm feet, normally run cold down there too! excellent shoes warm even when wet

jam-bo

teva links in snow and still have warm feet, normally run cold down there too! excellent shoes warm even when wet

Really? Mine leaked like a seive and fell apart. Only redeeming feature was how cheap they were.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Adidas terrex boots and sealskinz worked for me last winter on the snow rides and a few god awful rain rides around Stavley with stream crossings

zelak999
    Free Member

Five Ten free rider elements with sealskins for me.

fizik
    Free Member

Not saying they dont leak, they seem to be like a wetsuit though, warm even when wet, maybe you got a bad pair if they fell apart, mine been through the wash dozens of times and still look like new

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

someone flagged these up on a similar thread

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adidas-G46736-New-Mens-Hydro-Pro-Waterproof-Canyoneering-Sports-Boots-Shoes-/291548321961

effectively an Adidas Terrex (with 5.10 Stealth rubber sole now that they own them) and a built-in waterproof sock.

Seem to be missing a trick not marketing them as a winter flat pedal shoe.

gren
    Free Member

Five Ten free rider elements with sealskins for me.

Even without sealkins these are great. Fine with Woolie Boolies for me

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ski socks , seal skin long socks over the top , pair of leggings on over that , baggies over the top
    so I look less of a spacker

sharkattack

Five Ten’s and Sealskins here as well. No complaints. Other than winter is the devil and I’m counting the days to next year’s Alps trip.

Stiggy

I always found my Sealskinz just filled up with water, now use merino socks instead, wet but still warm.

noltae
    Free Member

Wet and warm > failing to stay dry ..

Wool …

Richo70
    Free Member

I used these last winter, Five Ten Camp Four Mid GTX, very warm. Sole is not ideal as the tread is a little deep but worked OK with the pins wound out a bit.

slordy
    Free Member

Shimano AM41 shoes & merino socks worked well for me last winter & the Lake District is a wet & cold place, had sealskins but may as we’ll put a plastic bag over your feet

martinhutch

Waterproof approach shoes, thin merino socks and knee-length sealskins. I look utterly ridiculous, but never had a problem with water getting in, or oversweatyness.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Doubt it will appeal to the trendies here but with flats you don’t need expensive caps. Walking boots and gaiters work better.
    As for baggies over tights. Good grief man, have some self respect.

StuE
    Free Member

Don’t seem to be available yet but I might try the mid stx a go when they arehttp://enduro-mtb.com/en/eurobike-2015-new-vaude-moab-riding-shoes/

ampthill

I ride in goretex walking boots

I’ll get my coat….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Warm/Dry feet with Flat Pedals’ is closed to new replies.