• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • War Pension Tribunal
  • Anonymous
    Free Member

This has been the most intimidating day of my life. Surrounded by 5 people with non stop questions for an hour. A short break whilst they discussed the award and then back in for the result. Now, if they had agreed with me in the first place none of this would have happened! Bureaucracy at its best ❗

JulianA
    Free Member

You probably need to share a little more info about this to get a response!

Sounds like you've had a bad time though…

soma_rich
    Free Member

Good luck 🙂 the bureaucracy is all part of the game, get through it and it will be worth it in the end.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Sorry I am lost on the SPVA / PTSD / RBL WTF is that?? I am ex forces and I am confused

soma_rich
    Free Member

SPVA Service Personal and Veterans Agency used to be AFPAA. PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. RBL? Not sure 🙂

Philby

RBL – Royal British Legion

Just as an aside are you aware that the Legion has a partnership arrangement with a number of Citizens Advice Bureaux which may help you with any financial problems or welfare benefit problems you may have?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Please do not think I am trying to discredit you muddy. I have a few issues myself post the first gulf coctail I was given, good luck

RichPenny
    Free Member

This has been the most intimidating day of my life.

Sorry to hear that, the experience does sound very difficult. Still, you've got your initial award, and any subsequent ones should be easier because you'll be better prepared through experience. Best of luck.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nowt I can say but don't let the bastards grind you down. In some ways the mental injuries soldiers get might be worse than the physical ones Big tough soldiers aren't supposed to cry and no one like to think of it happening – so it all tends to get swept under the carpet. Its easy to deal with someone who got their legs blown off, its much harder for the powers that be to deal with a soldier with mental injuries.

I have looked after WW2 veterans with PTSD – it didn't come out until late in their lives but it had coloured their whole lives. I will never forget 50th anniversary of VE day when I was looking after them. the tears and the distress really took me aback. for many of them it might have been the first time letting it all go.

So good luck. Seek support and fight for what is right for you.

scraprider
    Free Member

i feel for you , i went through it 15 years ago, 5 opps on right knee 3 on left, i was in shit state,at one stage wasnt sure if i would ever walk without a stick. got said war pension .after a loooong fight. if you feel like a chat from someone whos been through it as well , my email addy is in my profile drop me a line mate , dont be alone,good luck, ex grunt 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘War Pension Tribunal’ is closed to new replies.