Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Walking dead in the UK
  • martinhutch

Definitely needs more city action. The zombies become dangerous again there.

richardkennerley

What did Tara and that other fella go off to do at then end of the last series? Is it important?

P-Jay
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member

They had a rocket launcher and a stack of automatic weapons. They could have taken out Negan and half his blokes as he did his ‘little pig’ thing outside the gate.

I have to admit that when I saw that, coupled with the M60 (I think, it’s been a while since I saw Rambo) they loaded in the van for them in the end I saw nothing but a missed opportunity.

Yes there’s a lot of them, but they were all huddled in a tight group and if I recalled hemmed in on both sides by anti-zom barriers. Even without planning it would have been a very short fight.

But, it’s fiction and sometimes the story needs certain things to happen in certain ways, plus even the most insane, never-happen-in-the-real-world stuff you see on TV is never as crazy as stuff real people have actually done under pressure in the real world.

Plus, what the story is telling us is that, between the head bashing and the little trip in the ‘RV’ Negan has broken Rick. Rock no longer works for Alexandria, he is Negan’s man in Alexandria – note him giving him a rifle Negan didn’t even know existed. Instead of Rick leading the charge to kill Negan, he’s the reason why it didn’t happen.

Negan isn’t a super hero, he’s just a funny guy with a bat, his ‘power’ is his ability to control people. Don’t think it’s plausible? For hundreds if not thousands over years over the centuries Slavers have kept slaves, they had them beaten, they have them killed and a multitude of other horrific acts – but it wasn’t rare for a slaver to live, surrounded by hundreds of their slaves, far from other non-slaves – they might have a dozen or so employees to crack whips etc, but they could be outnumbered 100-1, but it was rare for the slaves to group together and take over. Fear is a powerful control.

The other thing surprised me was when Coral didn’t pop a cap in Negan, he had a pistol, aimed pretty much near his head – a quick turn of the wrist, squeeze the trigger and bang, Negan’s a corpse – sure there woudl be some fall-out, but his Guys are useless without him.

Pigface
    Free Member

Tara and the other fella come back into it but I believe have there own adventures.

Overall there have not been that many city scenes, I guess production costs dictate locations.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I suspect Rick isn’t completely broken – I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s plotting a surprise coup of his own doing, but for whatever reason he needs his people to truly believe he’s broken in order to keep them safe for the time being.

He’s given Negan the eye, and thought about taking him out with Lucille, but he’s holding back – waiting for the right time.

Agree with fact they could’ve already won this war with sniper shot/RPG, but yes, it’s a fictional show so it needs the stories dragged out somewhat.

I do yearn for more realism though. I’d love a series based on a scenario like Viggo Mortensen in The Road.
    Gritty downbeat post apocalyptic drama with Z’s. Perfick.

legend
    Free Member

I do yearn for more realism though. I’d love a series based on a scenario like Viggo Mortensen in The Road.

jeebus, that would be so depressing there’d be a spike in suicides across the globe

zilog6128

Really enjoying the new series so far (and Neegan’s character) – there has been some great acting!

I do think that they need to level up the zombies though, some sort of mutation that would make them dangerous again. The whole hunting knife to the head bit is becoming rather boring.

I could be wrong but I always assumed the whole point of the comic/series was that it was never the zombies but the other survivors who were the real danger (and that the title refers to the survivors not zombies).

I do like the show, but I hope they look at the bigger picture, I.e what’s happening elsewhere, is there a cure/solution etc? (I get that they follow the comic book for inspiration.)

Likewise the whole point is to focus on Rick’s group, so it’s a more personal story – what’s happening elsewhere is irreverent. If you want a big “worldwide” zombie story, watch World War Z (actually read the book instead as the film is shite).

ulysse
    Free Member

JDM as an actor can do no wrong in this household, particularly his downtrodden cop role in Extant

richardkennerley

Likewise the whole point is to focus on Rick’s group, so it’s a more personal story – what’s happening elsewhere is irreverent. If you want a big “worldwide” zombie story, watch World War Z (actually read the book instead as the film is shite).

Yeah, WWZ was disappointing after the book!

I get that we’re focusing on what happens to a handful of people, but the cycle of encounter nasty group, struggle for a bit, defeat nasty group, be happy for a bit, encounter nasty group can’t go on forever.

I guess I’m just hoping that it gets tied up in a satisfying manner

martinhutch

God, it’s all getting dragged out.

This week’s was the most tedious WD episode I can remember. Honestly, who cares about Tara enough to have a whole 60 minutes devoted to her.

I appreciate the Negan story arc is a long one, but FFS something needs to happen to make it more interesting.

The activity on this thread vs the Westworld one tells it all really.

Pigface
    Free Member

That was a great episode, Negan is brilliant 😆

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah Negan is a great character and well acted but I have to agree with others, there’s no way he’d still be alive treating his ‘gang’ the way he does. Sure history shows a strong, charismatic leader can subdue a population but I think in this situation it’s too extreme and he’s too isolated for someone (one of the various husbands for example) to have at least shot him by now (it’s not like a lot of them don’t have guns in close proximity to him).

Also agree the zombies have become bit players in the whole thing now, and in scenes where they do become a threat it’s almost Benny Hill like farce levels that causes it (like a couple of episodes back with the sand pile and Tara(?) rolling around helplessly so they could grab her rather than just standing up like a normal person).

And yeah it’s too formulaic now (and it’s long been other people that are the real danger, the Saviours is just the next in line of other groups getting bigger and badder).

I still watch it though, partly as there’s not a lot else on TV at the moment and partly as I still care about a lot of the characters from having watched several seasons. I’m not actually sure how they wrap things up at this point, probably either just keep repeating the current tripe until the show is canned as the audience gives up or some cheesy cure-based ending. I’m holding on to some hope though there will be some decent twists left and a vaguely satisfactory ending. Or just Blake7 it at the end of this series…

Rorschach
    Free Member

Basically the last episode
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBK069sN9DQ[/video]

Pigface
    Free Member

Err ok 😕

kimbers

Z Nation is much better than the walking dead these days

just sayin…

its got zombie george rr martin

zombaby

and a giant zombie crushing cheese wheel

ulysse
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iTggLsxUIP0[/video]

The zombie crushing flying Liberty Bell was one of my favorites…
    Have you reached Z-weed episodes yet?

kimbers

yup, im up to date waiting for the next episode!

ulysse
    Free Member

Docs Angel’s was bizarre but strangely erotic…

ulysse
    Free Member

Fpmsl here, me n the mrs just recalled the Z-weed induced Doc/ 10k back to the Future skit

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Walking dead in the UK’ is closed to new replies.