Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • Walking dead in the UK
  • volant2002
    Free Member

Does anyone know when season 7 of The Walking Dead comes to Sky?

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about my local town centre…

eruptron
    Free Member

Live the experience at an ASDA near you 😆

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
    volant2002
    Free Member

Cheers

martinhutch

So who’s tuning in tonight to see who meets Lucille?

No spoilers please, I want the sense of outrage and disappointment to arrive fresh this evening. 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Somewhat excited

P-Jay
    Free Member

I recorded it at 2am this morning or whenever they first put it out so we can dive in the moment the kids are in bed.

I’m ‘trying’ to avoid online spoilers, but like a scab I can’t help myself sometimes – but all I know is that it’s as rivetting at you might hope it to be.

Might I suggest an embargo to 10pm when it ends on Sky? (for the main part).

carlos
    Free Member

Also got this saved to watch tonight, but it’ll be late on as Monday nights are ‘out on the bike nights’.

Mrs has seen a couple of spoilers on FB but so far kept her mouth shut. I’ve avoided FB etc.. at least till I’ve watched it anyway

Carlos

zilog6128

I’ve got to wait until next week when the mate I always watch it with is back off holiday. If anyone lets slip who gets it there WILL be a kneecapping 😀

mindmap3
    Free Member

Can’t wait for it tonight – I’ve avoided spoilers etc so far.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

I’ve heard they will get to a safe place that will subsequently become unsafe.

Yes, I borrowed that from the daily mash.

lambchop
    Free Member

So Negan and Lucille, that man is bad to the bone!

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Watched it earlier 🙁

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I’ve avoided spoilers etc so far.

Spoilers? From what I saw of the first few series they just recycle the same plot, albeit with few different characters. Is it worth trying again?

stewartc
    Free Member

Its a bit brutal for a season opener

Pigface
    Free Member

Holy crap 😯 😯

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of horror, gore and zombies but I actually think that was unnecessary and too much, done purely for shock value as they ran out of material for good story lines a long time ago. I don’t know if I can be bothered to put myself through another series, oh wait, deja vu. 🙂

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

That was horrific, I’m disturbed. Heart was in the red for 50minutes. Gotta give it to them they didn’t cop out.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That was properly full on brutal 😯

legend
    Free Member

Yup 😯 …………… that’s all I’ve got right now

martinhutch

Had to fast forward a couple of moments there… 😯

lazybike
    Free Member

The visuals are like the dialogue….horrific.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Brutal stuff, even by the standards of TWD.

I for one am looking forward to him dying, very badly.

mattyfez

I love a good zombie movie/series and did like the walking dead, but it’s just getting a bit silly and formulaic now, to the point where it’s just not believable.

I like that it’s dramatic and gritty, but they seem to have crossed over into parody/tounge in cheek territory.

P-Jay
    Free Member

@Mattyfez

Can you pin-point the moment when the zombie apocalypse series stopped being believable 😉

Haze

The zombies have been a sideshow for ages…

lazybike
    Free Member

Worse bit was Ricks snot…Urgh!

swedishmatt
    Free Member

How on earth did you make it to season seven. After season four it got pretty repetitive?

chakaping
    Free Member

Well that’s me done with it.

Could have put up with the senseless brutality if the new villain wasn’t so irritating.

Drac

Have they got off the bus yet?

ebennett

Well that’s me done with it.

Could have put up with the senseless brutality if the new villain wasn’t so irritating.

Seconded – I don’t mind brutality if it serves a purpose, but the show seemed to be reveling in the sadism. I started getting bored last season but I was properly bored during this episode, particularly when they went off on their pointless little drive that was clearly just to pad the episode. And that bit at the end – cheesy as a piece of stilton.

Pigface
    Free Member

Really interesting seeing peoples different opinions on it.

I think Negan is going to be a very divisive character.

llama

Yep – last series in particular went around in circles up until the last episode. Characters got very annoying, and the Glen trick was against the Rules ™.

Watched this one last night.

Could be a good setup, or could be more of the same. I’ll give it a chance.

The trouble is that in this world there can never be a good ending for Rick + co; if it continues then it has to continue with trouble and strife. Nobody wants to watch Rick and co grow vegetables and get old gracefully.

Can we have spoilers yet?

martinhutch

The most annoying thing is Negan’s teeth. Way too good for a villain.

The idea of Rick et al having to be subservient to someone like that is an interesting novelty.

The brutality did serve a purpose, though. You have to believe that they would genuinely be terrified of the guy or why would they comply?

mrjmt
    Free Member

Really not too impressed by it, can’t see what happened other than we found out who’s contract wasn’t renewed.

Much prefer fear the walking dead at the moment, far more interesting with less unnecessary gore.

scud
    Free Member

Going to be interesting to see where they go from there! They can’t keep up that level of brutality.

Interesting that at the end there was the single zombie, and he just looked at it and drove away, seemed symbolic, in that after all that happened in the episode, there was the realisation that the zombies really aren’t the greatest threat anymore.

chakaping
    Free Member

My extra two cents…

Why oh why do they have to make the villains so cartoony and pretentious? Is it ‘cos it’s literally taken from a cartoon or have they diverged from that?

The dynamics of life after a zombie apocalypse would be more interesting without the wacky bad guys IMO.

And also, do you reckon Glen didn’t really die?

stewartc
    Free Member

And also, do you reckon Glen didn’t really die?

Spoiler alert!

Either it with all end with Rick getting out of the chemical shower in the RV realizing it was all a dream or Glenn is the famed Monty Python Black knight, that’s the only way he can come back.

wilko1999
    Free Member

The Glen bit was quite like the comic. I’ve watched Walking Dead from the beginning with Mrs Wilko, this was the first episode where she was actually wincing and covering her eyes to avoid watching

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Walking dead in the UK’ is closed to new replies.