Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 139 total)
  • Walking dead in the UK
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

Got fed up with it last series, having bingewatched from the beginning.

It got too samey.

When you prefer Talking Dead to the full show, you know it’s time to leave it.

johnx2
    Free Member

Disappointing. Last night’s was the first one where I gave up two thirds of the way in, out of boredom basically. And that’s having watched all the writers strike series spent mainly wandering round some woods looking for a small girl.

Did I miss any plot?

Stevet1
    Free Member

Trying to avoid reading too much of this thread in case of any spoilers, but does anyone know when it’s back on a freeview channel?

ulysse
    Free Member

The most annoying thing is Negan’s teeth. Way too good for a villain.

And he was such a lovely guy in his “Extant” disgruntled cop role

Comedian in Watchmen was a borderline tw*t though

slimjim78
    Free Member

Well for me Nagen is the best actor to grace the show. He’s clearly a chip of the ‘No Country for old men’ psycho block.

Did anyone else rewind to see the bulging eyeball one more time? Hilarious.

”…I’ll fffind yyou..” bwa haaa ha!

The axe dilemma had me gripped.. I was amazed that the writers would go there. They didn’t. Mildly disappointed.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I think the Walking Dead appears to be the new Top Gear on here…lots of people don’t like but stil watch it to moan about it! As for it not being realistic any more…..er? Has it ever been?

I enjoyed t. It was pretty brutal and I think the long conversations actually made the violence all the more horrific.

I think Negan is ace; he’s one sadistic mofo and ultimately Rick and co bought this on themselves my murdering the Saviours in their sleep.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I agree! WTF was that murdering spree all about?? I guess we are supposed to accept that in such an environment, the kill (people you’ve never met) or (possibly) be killed scenario comes into play?
    But then, who are the real heroes? Who do I route for when everyone is as bad as the next guy?

I’m only really interested in Daryl as a character these days, i’ve always pronounced Rick with a capital P. So if the leaked shots are anything to go by, well, heck, my WD days are possibly numbered too.

S7 Ep1 has sunk in a bit more now. Ultimately, it was enthralling and just the shot in the arm the franchise needed – but im definitely slightly disappointed that after flaunting the horror the writers didnt carry out the full threat.

chakaping
    Free Member

I was just watching it up til now because the premise is so interesting.

Never really engaged with most of the characters and was always happy to see them eaten, murdered etc.

Negan is too much like a pantomime villain for me though.

Pigface
    Free Member

Flippin heck why watch it if it is so bad 😆

There will be a lot of different story lines this season, the Kingdom, Carol and Morgan etc

Still enjoy it looking forward to what comes next.

Didn’t the murder spree happen because they formed an alliance with the Hilltop and exchange for food said they would sort out the Saviours, big mistake.

slimjim78
    Free Member

pantomine villain

I know what you mean – but, when I attempt to extrapolate what the end of the world would really be like – ergo what kind of person it would really take to be able to lead a murderous (and powerful) bunch of savages, I start to think a character like Negan would probably fit the mould quite well.

Didn’t the murder spree happen because they formed an alliance with the Hilltop and exchange for food said they would sort out the Saviours

Yes – but does hunger really make it right?!

chakaping
    Free Member

Flippin heck why watch it if it is so bad

Me? I was just sharing my reasons for packing it in.

DavidB
    Free Member

I thought it was a great opener. We are seeing the total domination and destruction of Rick like never before. Negan has worked him out and knew how to break him and did a brilliant job of it. The tell was in the conversation with Maggie who wanted to fight, but Rick is now beaten. I think it’s a clever start as the group will potentially question his leadership hard if he really is broken. I suspect we will see a surprise when he comes out of the mire to do something unexpected. Negan 100000 times more terrifying than the Governor, great character. Can’t wait till next one.

slimjim78
    Free Member

The tell was in the conversation with Maggie who wanted to fight, but Rick is now beaten

I agree Rick was broken in that moment – but any leader worth his salt would realise that retreat and regroup is the wisest option.
    If you need to act broken in order to save your people, you act broken!

They have thier lives (well, most of them), they have resource, and they have time. Rick should be able to formulate a wickedly clever revenge plan. It’s just going to need to be timed to perfection, and even more dastardly than anything Negan could devise (or forsee).

I should imagine that any plan would require splitting the Saviour’s forces between Hill Top and Alexandria (and any other potential foes).

Question – where’s the crate full of RPG’s when you need them? Most of Rick’s groups issues could’ve been prevented with a couple of well placed rockets. There’s a frustrating amount of ”we won’t ever let you down” – ”i’ll drive through hell before I give up” talk, only for them to pull up moments later, and put their guns down at the request of whomever happens to ask.

legend
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    Me? I was just sharing my reasons for packing it in.

but from your post above it sounds like you’ve watched it for 6 series despite not liking it 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes – but does hunger really make it right?!

thats one for the moral maze but seeing what the group have been through then understandable, it was good to see that some couldnt cold bloodedly murder defenceless people some could, some have lost their humanity.

chakaping
    Free Member

but from your post above it sounds like you’ve watched it for 6 series despite not liking it

Disliked a lot of the characters since series 2, but the plots have been intriguing enough and the cliffhangers compulsive up until last series.

Kind of loved to hate it in a way, CBA anymore though.

slimjim78
    Free Member

but seeing what the group have been through then understandable

The hill top folk seem well stocked, well nourished?
    Alexandria still has pretty gardens and jars of chutney – it’s hardly Auschwitz.
    Given the choice of:
    a) lets hit the road and find more seeds for crops / cattle for farming / vending machines for twinkies
    b) my stomach’s really rumbling – let kill those people that those other people don’t like so that we can get more pie

seems pretty clear to me?

Pigface
    Free Member

seems pretty clear to me?

everyone has a code.

It was a bit more that don’t like

slimjim78
    Free Member

They had no personal beef with the Saviours, regardless of how un-Savioury they are alleged to be (and what happened to Ricks sheer distrust of any strangers and their claims?).

Even if its clear that the Saviours deserve to die – why charge in before knowing anything in detail? Surely you need to recce the situation first before commiting an all out attack?

The writing suggests to me that in Apocolypse scenario we are to believe there is no hope to sustain humanity. Fair enough, but quite a glum view – and leaves little for a viewer/fan to get behind.

Pigface
    Free Member

leaves little for a viewer/fan to get behind.

there lies the rub, people are saying Negan is now their favourite character. I can see he is interesting but favourite?

Rick has descended from being a police officer to a brutal killer, Morgan was all peace and love now kills people while Carol (count the flowers 8O) has gone in the other direction.

If you think about it no body the group has run into has been on the level, The Governor, the cannibals at Terminus, the Wolves have all tried to take what they have made for themselves. They arrive at Alexandria and it is obvious how far they have sunk compared with the Alexandrians.

How long would the Saviours of left them alone for? Attack is the best form of defence etc etc

legend
    Free Member

Wasn’t it a group of Saviours that attempted to hold them up before Daryl let loose with the rocket launcher?

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’m sure I remember someone on horseback at the end of s06, who was that?

Holyzeus
    Free Member

^^ From The Kingdom as a guess

slimjim78
    Free Member

How long would the Saviours of left them alone for? Attack is the best form of defence etc etc

I agree. I just think it would be wiser to have done a heck of a lot more homework before commiting. More to the point, I believed Rick would be much wiser to rash responses.

Having said all that – a good story needs peril and danger! Rick is just so darned unlikeable now (was he ever?) – as are most of the cast wierdly.

martinhutch

Rick is just so darned unlikeable now (was he ever?) – as are most of the cast wierdly.

I don’t think that’s an issue really – there are some great characters. Michonne, Darryl, Judith. I don’t think ‘likeable’ is going to happen which is the point I suppose – they’ve all let people down and done terrible things because of the circumstances.

Pigface
    Free Member

He did somewhat underestimate the size of the Saviours 😆 that was a great bit in the last episode of series 6, Rick getting outfoxed at every turn by the numbers the saviours had. You could see the panic in him rising.

legend, yes it was.

legend
    Free Member

I don’t think ‘likeable’ is going to happen which is the point I suppose

I like Maggie – jus’ sayin’

wilburt
    Free Member

BigEaredBiker – Member
    I thought this was going to be a thread about my local town centre…

+1

llama

Even if its clear that the Saviours deserve to die – why charge in before knowing anything in detail? Surely you need to recce the situation first before commiting an all out attack?

This was one of the things that annoyed me with s6. One minute (p)rick is super careful at everything. Remember the episode where they would not even drink the water the Alexandrians left? Next minute never mind all that let’s just go in and shoot them all. It was plot at expense of character.

While on s6 – so what happened to the wolves? They all just go somewhere else or something?

Now it’s sunk in I reckon ep1 was pretty good. I like the Negan character. There were too many similar characters so the loss of a couple is good. Hopefully they can string together some stories that make more sense through or I’m out (yeah yeah).

oh and hopefully the Carolinator will be back.

martinhutch

there are some great characters. Michonne, Darryl, Judith.

Duh, Carol, not Judith! Not sure Judith’s character development has got going yet… 🙂

wilko1999
    Free Member

Much as I like Walking Dead, I’m not sure I’d want it to keep going long enough for Judith’s character to be developed!

As for Governor vs Negan in terms of terrifying-ness, I’d say the Governor currently edges it. Negan is clearly a strong, psychotic character but he has shown his hand right from the word go. The Governor had more of that quiet underlying menace that made you wonder what he was really about, fear of the unknown sort of thing

slimjim78
    Free Member

I know which one i’d rather cross in the street.

Not sure Judith’s character development has got going yet..

I dunno, she is one cool customer – hasn’t given her position away once.
    Thinking about it a little more, with her life experience she’s bound to end up President of the World at some point in the future

Harry_the_Spider

Caught up with it last night.

This season had better have a tremendous outcome to offset the carnage of last night. I know that both the characters that met Lucile also perished in the books, but I still thought it was pretty nasty.

Cletus

I miss Dale – he could of defused the situation with no need for violence 😀

It was brutal but I am definitely going to be watching next week.

ulysse
    Free Member

Dale was the human incarnation of Squidard Tentacles

wilburt
    Free Member

Too much for my tastes so I won’t be watching again, it’s not just the gratuitous violence but the series of bad decisions they had to have our hero’s take before they could put them in that situation.

Real why don’t you just turn the light on stuff and very lazy.

FuzzyWuzzy

I still watch it, mostly because there’s not a whole lot else worth watching instead. There’s definitely been too many ‘misses’ in terms of episode quality over the last 3 seasons and it’s starting to get a bit too contrived even for me (not “Lost” levels yet but headed that way). Ultimately though there’s only so many interesting ways of showing the struggle for survival in a post-apocalyptic world and I think they’ve already done them all.

slimjim78
    Free Member

End of the world/post apocalyptic stuff is amongst my favourite to watch and I honestly think that if they had a bigger budget they could take it to another level.
    They haven’t really touched upon a junk yard city, scrapyard defences/inventions, reinstatement of government/law and order on any level, zombie disease mutations, uninhabited islands/safe zones, flight for travel to further reaches, hope of a cure on any level etc.

For me, one of the most disappointing aspects of WD is the fact that in 4 or 5 years on the road they’ve mananged to venture about 20miles up and down the same roads. It needs more of a Star Wars scope of desert/Forrest/water/snow/ice to bring a different pallet and flavour to the screen.

kiwijohn

It has been a bit bogged down since they got to Alexandria. The got around a bit more before then.
    Anyway ep2 was a bit of a come down.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Enjoyed episode 2 last night. This season is shaping up to be quite entertaining, in my opinion!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Walking dead in the UK’ is closed to new replies.