Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Walk through angina
  • oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Anybody got this? Just trying to work out if I might have this as I get some chest pain early in a ride (especially if I push too hard)

Drac

Visit your GP let them work it out for you.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I have had a cardio consultant nearly kill me by over prescribing drugs that shut down my kidneys and pancreas then promptly transferred me back to my GP who then managed to inject local anesthetic (intramuscular) for a minor procedure into my blood stream which was interesting so let’s just say my faith in the medical profession is a little low at the moment

Drac

I can understand that but if it is exercise induced Angina I’d not be ignoring it if I was you. Book an appointment with a different GP.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Okay but if they try and kill me a third time I am blaming you ?

Drac

😀

Oooh! My own personal ghost.

shermer75
    Free Member

Why were you seeing a cardio consultant?

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Cardio consultant was for very high hyper resistive blood pressure – under reasonable control at the moment with lots of drugs

shermer75
    Free Member

Good to hear that the blood pressure is under control, this is a positive. However, I suspect that you are already aware that your history of hypertension elevates your risk of heart disease and that you are on this forum merely to seek confirmation of what you already know that you need to do. So here it is, go and see a doctor 😉 (a different one might be a good idea!)

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I am going to see the GP but i was trying to find about anyone else’s experiences or advice…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

under reasonable control at the moment with lots of drugs

Which presumably involves occasionally seeing a doctor ?

Anyway ……. I’ll give you the answer you want to hear – I’m not a doctor so you know you can trust me. It’s probably just indigestion, take some Gaviscon, avoid curries, and if there’s no improvement after a couple of weeks come back and let me know. Good luck 🙂

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Don’t need to see a GP for a repeat prescription or test my own blood pressure Ernie and I am from the north heartburn is for southerners unaccustomed to Greggs- thanks for the link Drac

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I had warm up Angina.
    I started running again after a few years off through working too damn hard.
    After a 100 yds or so chest pains would come on , but being a blurk, I ignored them. After 5-10 minutes they’d go and I’d step up the pace a bit (all relative as very unfit) with no ill effects.
    I put it down to indigestion but the missus made me go to the doc who immediately set the tests in motion.
    A few stents and a double bypass later, (5 years ago) I’m as right as rain, off all meds (against docs advice), and I’m 16 again…

piemonster

Anyone else badly miss read the thread title?

Not sure if I’m dissapointed by the thread content or not.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Cheers suburbanreuban I will chat with the GP

ampthill

My wife has suspected Angina

Lots of tests some quite invasive showed that she didn’t. It was clear that not knowing wasn’t a sensible option, so get tested

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Anyone else badly miss read the thread title?

Not sure if I’m dissapointed by the thread content or not.

You’ve got your hopes too high after all the Vag smut threads…

deadkenny
    Free Member

Not me, but parent, got chest pains on exercise, went to GP, booked in for angiogram thinking a stent may be required. Nope, triple bypass. He ended up getting a bonus one, four for the price of three.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Walk through angina’ is closed to new replies.