• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Angina – Puts hand up and asks if anyone else is out there on here with it?
  • moreupsthandownz
    Free Member

As it says in the title, went to the quacks about three weeks ago after having an NHS Health screening at work which said I had raised blood pressure and should see the docs. Popped merrily down to the surgery expecting to be told take a deep breath all is well, go back and eat well and excercise more.

Oh no! it wasnt my day, something along the lines of, well Simon you have early onset angina, stop excercising and get down to the chest pains clinic toot sweet!

Took a wee while to get sorted at the chest pains clinic, as of the day before yesterday the registrar shrugged when I asked so have I actually got angina and said oh well this is the way it goes, we’ll have you back for a CT scan and then sort out what you need from there, still a little bit in the dark and feverishing grasping my little bottle Glyceryl Trinitrate tablets just in case I need to shove my blood pressure through the floor!

So have we got anyone else in the STW Collective who is in the same boat and how does it affect throwing myself across a bike?

Cheers

MUTDz

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Is that all they gave you, GTN tablets? Are they doing any more tests/procedures? It seems piss poor that the only advice is to stop exercising.
    What is your “lifestyle”?
    I found out I had angina 8 years ago. I’m fine now (I think) preferring single speed to gears, but it’s been a slow process.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

On the bright side; they’ve found it early. Do you get chest pain/tightness?
    IANAD, but it sounds like you’ll be fine. 😉

Drac

Is that all they gave you, GTN tablets? Are they doing any more tests/procedures? It seems piss poor that the only advice is to stop exercising.

said oh well this is the way it goes, we’ll have you back for a CT scan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Angina – Puts hand up and asks if anyone else is out there on here with it?’ is closed to new replies.