Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Wales Trail centres
  • solman
    Free Member

The wife and I decided to head down to Wales for the last 4 days. It was our first time at trail centres and I must say we’ve both left thinking that the trails we ride at home are going to be very underwhelming from now on.

We visited Afan, Brechfa and Cwmcarn.

Afan “The Wall” – first ride and I must admit we scared ourselves a little as we started running out of light and didn’t want to be stranded at the top!. But amazing single track compared to what we’re used to and in some places I was actually relieved to reach the bottom. Great first ride.

Brechfa “Gorlech” trail- opposite of Afan as it was very swoopy and the colours at this time of year made the whole place feel quite surreal. Our confidence was a bit higher this time and we attacked a bit more. Both grinning after each descent.

Cwmcarn “twrch” trail- just finished that 6 hrs ago. Best trail of the lot in my opinion, really tough climbs, but the descent was worth it. Really really awesome place to ride.

Anyway, just thought I’d share. Sure some of you have ridden harder, more technical trails. But for us first timers it was a real eye opening experience.

micky
    Free Member

Glad you had a good time. Try w2 at afan if you get more time. It’s a longer trail that combines the wall and whytes level. Cwmcarn is my local trail. Great fun and a seriuos work out. Some people can get around it in under an hour but i have never made it around that quick.

wrecker
    Free Member

You missed out on whites level at Afan which is bloody good fun. Gives you a damn good reason to go back though.
    I agree about cwmcarn, it is massively under rated IMO. Just needs to be longer.

solman
    Free Member

Wow, you’re lucky to have Cwmcarn as your local trail. Will definitely be back to try out the rest now we’ve got a taste of it.

fairhurst
    Free Member

Yes indeed,i adore the welsh trail centre’s,pure mountain biking at it’s finest..
    I bet you had a wonderful time

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it!

There’s a slightly spooky quality to some of the wooded sections at Brechfa. Almost as if, out of the corner of your eye, you can see something moving….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it!

There’s a slightly spooky quality to some of the wooded sections at Brechfa. Almost as if, out of the corner of your eye, you can see something moving….

solman
    Free Member

@wrecker – yes we did think about what we were missing out, but as we live about 2/3 hrs away we thought we can always come back for a weekend, and decided to try out the other centres.

To be honest I’m not sure we had the legs for it by the end of today.

argoose
    Free Member

The trail centres are good, but there is also a Shit load of A1 natural stuff too

hambl90
    Free Member

i’m local to cwmcarn too,there’s also loads of natural stuff around there,and i think the cafe is great with the decking outside you can enjoy a coffee while watching riders fly down the final descent.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Wales Trail centres’ is closed to new replies.