Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • VW Transporter Wanted
  • paul78
    Free Member

I have put a post in the wanted section but I get the feeling its not frequented by alot of people.

Been looking for a month or so for a VW Transporter with a £3000 ish budget.. maybe a little more and so far have come up with nothing.

Just wondered if anyone knew of one for sale anywhere??

hooja
    Free Member

Try the t4forum, but £3k is a little budget for a t4 without starship miles and ignore the jokers who try to tell you that they are good for 500k, its only to try and sell their 200k miler.
    I have a had a couple of t4s but wouldnt buy one again, they are amazing as vans go but just too damn expensive/overpriced plus we pay a massive premium down here in cornwall cus apparently they are cool!!!
    Get a vauxhall vivaro, youd get quite a tidy lowish miler for that money and they are pretty sweet to drive too.

SaxonRider

Try here:

http://www.thecaravellecentre.com/default.asp

I have spoken with the guy who runs this operation on the phone, and found him to be HUGELY helpful. He gave freely of his time in telling me about my different options, even though he knew I might not buy from him.

Anything he sells will also be guaranteed.

*Edited to reflect the fact that I initially misread the post in terms of price.

MikeG

What type, T3, T4, panel van/caravelle.

Have you looked on Brickyard, VZI, Club 80-90?

Theres this if you’re after a cheap panel – nowt to do with me and prob needs a bit of work but you would have a couple of grand to sort it.

TBH with the scene tax £3k is probably not enough for a decent van not needing any work, and any at that sort of price will be old, starting to rot and with starship mileages.

I’ve got a T3 caravelle day van but if I was looking now I’d be thinking previa/galaxy etc if carrying passengers or Transits, Traffics (or the Vauxhall equivalent)for a ‘white van’. Brother in law sold his 03 traffic last year, 120k ish LWB, High top only got £3500 for it.

edit: too slow with my typing, it’s all been said up there 🙂

paul78
    Free Member

I want a T4.. I did buy a T5 a few weeks back which lasted 60 miles before breaking down.. I now don’t want to finance a van so going to buy with cash.

I have seen alot of vans between £3000-£3500 but they go quickly… I agree that they are generally expensive but this is the time of year to buy.. a few months on and they will be seeing price rises.

I constantly check T4forum, ebay, autotrader, Brickyard etc .. just wondered if anyone knew of one coming up for sale or local.

Would consider a trafic/vivaro but realistically they are £4000 plus.

I have cash in the house waiting so lack of vans is driving me mad

paul78
    Free Member

Should also add that I am not interested in 1.9 or 2.4 straight diesel.. too slow/thirsty.

hooja
    Free Member

I was tempted with a 03 vivaro with 78k miles on autotrader for £2650, its gone now but you will find quite a few around that price, and it was a nice colour, ie not white…

paul78
    Free Member

Just had a quick look and cant see any vivaros in my price range 🙁

mjrose
    Free Member

There are plenty of t4’s for your budget, you just have to be quicker! 🙂

cozz
    Free Member

yeah i bought a T4 just over 2 years ago = ive put 42,000 miles on it since then, its now worth more than when I bought it !!

Its a 2001 and bought for around your budget and its the 2.5

i think i might be looking for something newer (only cos it looks better for work use) but its such a good van I dont know

did 800 miles in a day to belgium and back a week ago, and driving it to slovakia and back (around 2400 miles0 in april

Think when Im ready to sell it’ll fly out

hooja
    Free Member

Im sure you’ve looked and know this, but check renault traffics and nissan primastars, they are basically the same as the vivaro, might help broaden your search.
    Mate down here was thinking of selling his T4 SWB Treg, with around 110-115k miles. Think he was after around £3k, it is a 1.9td though, ex cocacola, so red…I’ll ask him if hes still going to sell, could do with a repaint though, or a damn good compounding and buffing

mau00149
    Free Member

VW transporter T4 on another forum I look at although maybe over budget. Dont know the seller but thought i’d give you a heads up.

paul78
    Free Member

Cheers thanks..

Hopefully going to look at a Vito tomorrow 🙂

paul78
    Free Member

Bought an 04 plate vivaro 🙂

.. £5000 cheaper than the 04 plate VW T5 I bought a month ago that broke down after 60 miles.

Its a bargain… in soon as possible for rear windows and carpeting.

Will be a treat at HTN this weekend to get changed in comfort:)

velocette
    Free Member

I have a T4 VW Transporter which I am considering selling. I have spent quite a bit on it. Tel Me on 07814 299145 if you are still looking. Simon

bob_summers

thinking of giving mine away. prob is it’s in spain, unreg’d and broken 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘VW Transporter Wanted’ is closed to new replies.