Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • VW bonnet bras
  • pictonroad

Front of a bus will get completely covered in bits of tar from the road which can be a tricky to remove. Even trickier if you’re in a show field. Drive up with it on, take it off to show the vehicle. That’s the idea.

People run them as they like the different look it gives but the primary purpose is for protection.

Dare I even mention ‘scene tape”?

beej

I had a visit to the McLaren factory and they use that tape to protect the new cars on the initial test drive before it’s signed off as ready for delivery.

I don’t think that Golf is on its initial test drive.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

TINAS, that’s the best description of Audax I’ve read in a while. Hat.

Car bras – is it so that when you take them off you wonder where all the lumpy bits have gone?

Northwind

pictonroad – Member

Dare I even mention ‘scene tape”?

Kinesio tape for cars!

Daffy

If left on for too long, the paint around the bra fades whilst the paint underneath remains pristine…once removed, it’s a proper mess.

Clear Gloss Vinyl wrap for the win.

M6TTF
    Free Member

There’s a ‘scene’ lupo with the most ridicule wheel set up you have ever seen. They extend a good 5″ beyond the arches. All for ‘look at me’

Pigface
    Free Member

They also protect against insects, you can drive through millions of the things then they get baked on and are a real pain to get off.

teethgrinder

It’s not even sprinkling sugar on shit. It’s sprinkling shit on shit.

CountZero

Shirley those vinyl bra jobbies will have a lot of dull paint as a result of water and grit getting underneath then vibration and movement causing scuffing and abrasion of the paint?
    It’s certainly happened with phone cases: take a plastic case off a phone after some time and you find lots of little dull spots where grit works its way underneath then acts as an abrasive through movement.
    Clear vinyl film applied to the car will give much better protection without looking stupid.
    Those extended wheels seem to be very popular with older MX5 owners for some peculiar reason as well…

TheDTs
    Free Member

Clear Gloss Vinyl wrap for the win.

The paint not covered will still fade and the wraped part won’t.
    Paint protection film will filter UV. Helps to stop stone chips to a degree, though.
    We recently wrapped a 968, which was red, had turned pink due to UV.
    The parts which had the stone protection film on were perfect underneath.
    Effects your MPG less than a bra though. Guessing I’m missing the point there though!

blastit
    Free Member

Helps keep the tits inside under control 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘VW bonnet bras’ is closed to new replies.