Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a small cheap android phone please
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

It must run strava and connect to a heartrate strap so ant+ compatibility. Cheap as chips second hand if poss. Thanks.

fisha
    Free Member

Cheap as chips+ small normally = crap battery life. What are you realistically expecting out of it?

For example my Sony Xperia z3 which has very very good battery stamina kills at least 10% per hour running strava. A small cheap android phone would likely be a bit older , have a worn battery so would drain a lot quicker than mine.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m only going into my local forest for just over an hour or so so battery shouldn’t be an issue. I just like to track my hr and such as I find it motivates me. I have a big android phone now but size wise it’s too big to carry in my fashionable bum bag !

fisha
    Free Member

There is so many. The thisisant.com website lists common known phones with ant+ so that may be a good start.

Don’t know if it was ant+, but it I used to have an s4 active which i really appreciated having some waterproofing cause it would get damp slightly when out in the rain and me sweating.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks for the link I will check it out.

aracer
    Free Member

Not sure if £100 is cheap enough, but that’s what I paid on ebay for the Z1c I have as my current phone. Before that I had* an Xperia Ray which is a bit smaller – nowhere near as powerful as a modern phone, but battery life was fine, and you can buy replacement batteries so you’re not stuck with an old one – I think I paid about £35

* I still have it, I think the mic is broken, but if you just want it for Strava that may not be an issue (still works with a headset if you need to make a call) – if you’re interested?

dryroasted
    Free Member

Motorola moto e, I can recommend, was £35 from Vodafone, fast and runs strava with great battery life too.

aracer
    Free Member

Doesn’t have ant+

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a small cheap android phone please’ is closed to new replies.