• This topic has 32 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aP.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Volcanic Ash Where You Are!
  • grantway
    Free Member

Bloody hell what looks like a good day is ruiend.
    Thick Volcanic dust cloud looking like morning Fog
    in East London. You can taste the glass. 🙁

Whats it like where you are?

scant
    Free Member

surely thats just london smog?

grahamh
    Free Member

Clear blue skies in Gloucestershire, not a con-trail in the sky.

allthepies
    Free Member

Fog cloud turned up at about 07:00 in Surrey.

allthepies
    Free Member

Do you think this is actually related to the volcano or just bog standard fog/mist ? Don't want to start charging around on a bike breathing in glass fragments.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Really? I was just about to go out. Is it ash or just mist/fog?

Reluctant
    Free Member

Very wierd here in Bracknell….nothing new there then! 😕 Kinda looks like early morning mist, but not quite right. Might be easier to tell for sure once the sun burns through a bit more.

skiboy
    Free Member

Once again another beautiful day in bucks!!

I'm under the flightpaths for both heathrow and london luton and this time in the morning contrails would fill the sky, more volcanos needed,

this must be similar to the 911 effect they had on the weather in the US in the days after the attac k when all air traffic was grounded.

Dear iceland,

We asked for cash, please check spelling

skiboy
    Free Member

also i'm around 2.5 miles form woburn/brickhill/call it what you will,

I will post a picture of the hills when the sun burns off the mist, it's looking pretty perfect so far :D,

just remember to bring some of these 8)

Ewan
    Free Member

Misty in surrey. I doubt the ash which was 'invisible' yesterday has suddenly multiplied magically and is now a thick mist – therefore I conclude it's just misty.

andywhit
    Free Member

Surrey / Hants borders just now

Ewan
    Free Member

Furthermore…

http://www.hpa.org.uk/NewsCentre/NationalPressReleases/2010PressReleases/100415volcanicash/

http://www.hpa.org.uk/NewsCentre/NationalPressReleases/2010PressReleases/100416volanicashplume/

And if you look at the satelite images you can see the visible plume is up near the faroe islands. It hasn't got to dorking ffs.

Quite a bit of false reasoning going on here. It's just mist.

Ewan
    Free Member

Don't plan on flying anywhere for a while either – it's not going anywhere. High pressure area – should at least be sunny.

allthepies
    Free Member

Sun's out now and burnt the mist off 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆

tonyg2003

The head of forecasting at the Met office was on the BBC this morning talking about the ash and he was talking about possibly months of ash depending on wind directions. He didn't say this was directly possible but said there was a chance,at the same time with a sort of knowing smile. The Met office know how long this might go on for but can't say for certain.

bigsi
    Free Member

This thread has brightened my morning no end.

😆 😆 😆

ps44
    Free Member

The Met office know how long this might go on for but can't say for certain.

Situation normal.

Re aircraft noise, we're not subject to much commercial traffic impact in south of the Shire but normally have a lot of light planes around from a small local airfield. They've been silent too, but I don't understand why. Surely the risk is to gas turbines at 30000 feet, not a piston engine at 500 feet ? Are they all grounded ?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Just seen a couple of reports on Sky. The volcano activity is going to increase and volcanic ash is now settling in the Thames Valley. I suppose it won't be long before some addled Silly Man In A Pointy Hat tells us that it's all because we haven't done enough genufliction lately, or we've been too nice to gay people, or somesuch. I wonder if Boots do facemasks?

Drac

Glorious sunshine here and nothing to do with no planes flying. It's been like thus fir almost 2 weeks now. Fog due to the ash, what a load of shit.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Drac – Member

Glorious sunshine here and nothing to do with no planes flying.

ReeAAALLLy?

Drac

ReeAAALLLy?

Yup been some bold claims on here about the 911 effect.

Drac

I wonder if Boots do

I bet they do, it'll have Swine Flu scratched out with biro and changed to Volca-Ash

Talkemada
    Free Member

in East London. You can taste the glass.

What a drama queen! It's bright sunshine here in sunny Poplar (also east London)!

'Taste the glass'- pfft! Why, you got attacked in a pub last night? 🙄

Some people just have to have something to panic about, eh? 😀

Drac

They get drawn into the hype.

"Oooh it's so much warmer it must be the lack of planes"
    "WOW! Look at that sunset it's the volcanic ash"
    "Ooh my god! I have a nose bleed it must be all the glass in the air".

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Lovely blue sky here in Cambridgeshire.

Can't say i've noticed the lack of planes, don't really get many going over apart from a few military ones

IdleJon

Mr Woppit – Member
    I suppose it won't be long before some addled Silly Man In A Pointy Hat tells us that it's all because we haven't done enough genufliction lately,

Already done on the Independent website. Somebody posted that this is God's revenge on atheists.

Bunnyhop

We had the most amazing pink sunrise this morning over the Peak(s).

Still beautiful now.

We're in South Manchester and therefore the centre of Britain, so get loads of 'flyovers', so its weird to look up and see nothing.

Drac

We had the most amazing pink sunrise this morning over the Peak(s)

Is that a metaphore for a titty wa….. err never mind. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

THe amount of "sunset pics caused by ash" on Flickr is astounding, clear blue sky here in warwick and has been all day, looking forward to a spectacular (but normal) sunset later

-posted from the garden with thanks to M&S £10 meal deal wine

allthepies
    Free Member

Well, just back from 28 miles of volcanic ash free riding in Surrey. Did see 2 prop. airplanes and 1 helicopter flying though, tsk tsk they should respect the volcano.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Looking forward to the top of Holmbury Hill tomorrow – big sky with no aircraft in it. I'd take a picture but I doubt it would do it justice, somehow…

aP
    Free Member

Last night sitting outside having a drink we could hear the church bell ringers from down at Isleworth Ait. Never heard before in 10 years, and no doubt never to be heard again after this. Good ride this morning apart from a massive pothole involving loss of water bottles and a puncture.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Volcanic Ash Where You Are!’ is closed to new replies.