• This topic has 33 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jj55.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Visible blood in urine
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Anyone suffer from this after a long rides (6hours plus)? No signs now, so won’t bother doc, but will see what happens after next long rider at the weekend.

sh1tforbrains
    Free Member

When you say 6 hours riding , you do mean your bike and not the missus?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i did once, got worse and worse and turned into the most painful experience ever. Get to a doc now!

ollie
    Free Member

I sometimes get it after a long run, I think It’s due to running with an empty bladder and whilst running the bladder walls bang and rub each other causing a bit of blood, Might be the same thing on the bike.

wwaswas

probably damaging your, errm, pipe by repeatedly banging it on the saddle for a long time?

alternatively you’re overloading on the energy gels and drinks and your kidneys are struggling.

rickee
    Free Member

Age?

ahwiles
    Free Member

beetroot?

McHamish
    Free Member

Never…and I’d go straight down the docs if I did.

In short, there isn’t supposed to be blood in your wee.

I’m an expert in this area as I have access to the internet, an unfounded opinion, and have urinated in the past.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’d be straight down the docs if that ever happened to me.

Chris-S
    Free Member

A mate of mine had the same problem

oddjob
    Free Member

Do not pass go, do not collect £200 GO STRAIGHT TO THE DOCTOR!!!!

McHamish
    Free Member

According to wikipedia…

In medicine, hematuria, or haematuria, is the presence of red blood cells (erythrocytes) in the urine. It may be idiopathic and/or benign, or it can be a sign that there is a kidney stone or a tumor in the urinary tract (kidneys, ureters, urinary bladder, prostate, and urethra), ranging from trivial to lethal. If white blood cells are found in addition to red blood cells, then it is a signal of urinary tract infection.

Occasionally “hemoglobinuria” is used synonymously, although more precisely it refers only to hemoglobin in the urine.

So there you go, the blood present in your urine is either trivial or lethal. I’m not sure I can be any more conclusive than that….get medical advice.

Or if you’re a gambling man…you could assume its trivial and ignore it.

PS, if you do take a gamble and you’re wrong…can I have your bikes?

sh1tforbrains
    Free Member

I’ll have £50 on him croaking.

stephen131
    Free Member

I had this happen to me & ignored it until i had the most severe pain i’ve ever felt, Went to A&E and was ept in over night , turned out to be kidney stones.

Go To the Doc’s mate!

dr_death
    Free Member

S’probly nowt but worth getting checked out just in case.

Most likely thing is myoglobinurea, myoglobin released for damaged muscle being filtered by kidleys and excreted, reasonably common after strenuous exercise. Myoglobin is same sort of colour as haemoglobin hence similar looking in wee. However, could be a stone or a bladder/kidley tumour so worth getting checked as they are easily fixable if caught early.

epicyclo

A kidney stone makes its presence felt – eventually. 🙂

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Yes it’s happened to me.

This is going to sound really weird but the last thing I thought of was posting up on stw looking for an accurate and reassuring diagnosis. I just threw caution to the wind and went straight to the Doc’s…

Seriously WTF?

druidh
    Free Member

😆

Post of the day HB!

craig1975
    Free Member

I’ll have £50 on him croaking.

quality 😆

grumm
    Free Member

This is going to sound really weird but the last thing I thought of was posting up on stw looking for an accurate and reassuring diagnosis. I just threw caution to the wind and went straight to the Doc’s…

Seriously WTF?

This. Amazing 😕

Wookster

Hello mate my Mrs is a Dr and recommends you should go see your GP.

wpuk
    Free Member

GP
    Fast track appointment for ultrasound
    20 minute scan
    Mind at rest

Woody
    Free Member

Happened to me many years ago after a trip to Glentress where I felt really unwell (nasty virus which meant a week off work) and remained seated when the old undercarriage should not have been anywhere near the saddle.

Went to the docs and because I was over 40 he sent me for ‘the works’ at the hospital. The memory of the cystoscopy, where I had naively agreed to allow a couple of students to observe (it turned out to be at least 5 student nurses) will live with me forever!

Just a bit of bruising as it turned out but worth getting it checked out, especially as it’s happening regularly.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

My Dad passed blood, 4 years later after a long battle he died of bladder cancer.

GO TO THE DOCTORS.

prettygreenparrot

you’re not meant to have blood in your urine. Go see the doctor. British Association of Urological Surgeons: hematuria

Bez

GP
    Fast track appointment for ultrasound
    20 minute scan
    Mind at rest

Heh. Or in quite a lot of cases, a camera up the donger followed by a remote-control digger. (I got lucky and was let off with a CRT and an ultrasound and instructions to piss through a tea strainer for three weeks.)

Bez

It was probably a CAT I suppose. I don’t recall them giving me an old telly.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Can be due to trauma, infection, or possibly kidney stones. Antibiotics and avoid too much dried food. Could have gotten a kick, fallen off a fence or picked up an infection.

Bear in mind, this diagnosis was from my cat’s vet. Seems appropriate for mtb too though. Hope you’re feeling better.

The cat’s fine BTW.

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 for the Doctor, Dad had traces of blood and went to Docs straight away, diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in Jan, by August he’d had treatment and the all clear. Surgeons said a couple more weeks would have made it inoperable. GO NOW!

DaveRambo

Just to add a bit of balance to this one sided discussion.

‘You’ll be fine, as long as it’s not gushing out why bother your doc – and while I’m here – I recommend a pair of Maxxis cross marks, a merino top, a pint of cold lager and a Mondeo estate.’

What was the question again ?

specializedneeds

Just ignore it, what’s the worst that could happen……….

tops5
    Free Member

I have had this – turned out be kidney stones, was followed up by having a camera inserted down the old chap 😯

You should go to the docs but brace yourself……

dr_death
    Free Member

Are they dead yet?

jj55

A good friend of mine had this, and in his ‘stools’ as well. It worried him for days ………….. turned out it was the beetroot sandwiches he’s been scoffing!! 😯

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Visible blood in urine’ is closed to new replies.