Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Virus help
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

just tried to view my own webpage on my own PC and AVG blocked the page saying it had detected Blackhat SEO (type 1703)

my site is hosted on 34sp.com, how can i remove this threat and what the hell is it?

wwaswas

a quick google would imply your site may have bene hacked and some dodgy links placed on one or more pages. If you have acccess to the pages themsleves I’d looka t the code and see if there’s anythign there you aren’t expecting to see.

way to get rid of it is to upload a new copy of the site but it doesn’t explain how you got hacked int he first place so I’d look at changign passwords etc too.

z1ppy

“no expert” but it ‘obviously’ sound like you site been hacked, ask your provider or web expert to restore it from backup and make it more secure? (change the admin password)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

there have been increases in ftp security recently so that might explain it

i’ll contact my provider

ta

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

found a big block of dodgy code and removed it

now, as my website a mess of poorly constructed amateurism how do i go about searching the rest of the pages for hackedness

z1ppy

I wouldn’t… just restore it if you have a bakcup, why waste time, when you backup version will be clean? (hopefully)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

there’s definitely other pages been hacked

bummer

guess i’d better make me a new website, about time really

what free and easy to use web design package to use then?

am in conversation with support about backups

JasonDS

Have you tried WordPress? Easy to install and pretty versatile to boot. Lots of great modules to download to improve security and SEO etc.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

thanks, looks like two separate attacks identifiable by edit date so it’s only going to be half an hours work to sort. one of the attacks seems to have been in 2009 so backup probably not an option.

looks like it’s only 5 or 6 pages and the code is readily identifiable

still dull though

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Virus help’ is closed to new replies.