Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Views on the British 4X series
  • alexmetcalfe
    Free Member

Just wanted to hear people views on the British 4X series, likes and dislikes???

scottfitz
    Free Member
    alexmetcalfe
    Free Member

I`m on it! just messaged Seb frost now 🙂

alexmetcalfe
    Free Member

Quote from roots and rains, “hah. it’s on my to do list, sadly it’s a long list though…. there’s just too few events for me to be motivated to code the site to better display them”

scottfitz
    Free Member

what back dated 2013 & 2012? Round 1 2012 is already there.

sharkattack

I think 4x is awesome on paper.

The reality rarely lives up to the potential.

kayak23

I live in Leamington Spa so always make it to watch any races there.
    Last year or the year before Slavic was there and it really bought some excitement to the rounds having such riders there.

The round at Afan I managed to catch too which was great viewing.

I think it’s a great spectacle to watch but I’d always rather be riding myself than watching, and 4x isn’t really my thing anymore so will often not be bothered about travelling to watch.

It’s a great series though and I hope it keeps going.

handyandy
    Free Member

I love it, and will be heading over to Chicksands for the winter series. Great fun to watch (in my opinion) and 4x seems to be becoming more popular in Britain and Europe right now.

campkoala
    Free Member

Dislike – mainly dahn sarf

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

hah. it’s on my to do list, sadly it’s a long list though…. there’s just too few events for me to be motivated to code the site to better display them

I think that just about sums up 4X (anywhere). Not worth his effort…

It had the potential to be great, but it’s dull as dishwater.

Watching it on Freecaster before it got canned was a borderline human rights violation it was so dull. I darn’t even mention the ladies racing.

Sorry, not very positive.

campkoala
    Free Member

Au contrair, in comparison to any other off road cycle racing 4X could easily be the most interesting to non cyclists as a spectator sport.
    Needs really clever track design though.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It’s a good element of the sport but like BMX racing it has become so much about the gate that it’s often over before the first jump is hit and then it’s just a case of waiting for a mistake. I love the concept of 4X and I love the event on Saturday Night at Fort William WC weekend but getting the gate means getting the win more often than not.

I don’t know how you resolve that issue but it’s a shame that the fast, furious, all out combat nature of 4X seems to have been defeated. As someone has already said, very clever track designs with multiple line choices might be a part solution?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Views on the British 4X series’ is closed to new replies.