Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ti Road Bike. Lynskey R255 or VN Zephyr?
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

Similar geom’s & similar prices (at Fatbirds), but which would you choose?

3bikeman
    Free Member

Have a look at ‘Qoroz’ based in near Stroud, nice frames, similar again

bonzodog
    Free Member

Thanks for that. Hadnt heard of Qoroz before.

Would still like to hear peoples views on either the VN or Lynskey.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get the one with the best warranty.

The chainstays on the Lynskey are too long

£1500 is alot of money to spend onwhat’s really a bottom of the range frame

£1500 would buy you a smart carbon frame

£1500 would buy you a hand built in the uk, made to measure frame from Brian Rourke or similar (albeit constructed from top of the range steel)

bonzodog
    Free Member

Don’t need another carbon, but appreciate your comments 🙂

ransos
    Free Member

Have a look at Enigma – they could custom build you a Ti frame for not much more than that.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, Enigma look like a good outfit. There’s also some guy/company (cant remember his name, Burls maybe?) that can do you a custom frame, but it’s made in Russia. Could be worth looking into?

scotroutes

Van Nicholas. Always

bonzodog
    Free Member

Go on scotroutes, why VN?

EhWhoMe

Can i ask why its deemed a bottom of the range frame.

I have the same dilema so interested in this.. got the Zephyr on a list too aswell as Enigma Echo

bonzodog..can i ask why you fancy Ti and not carbon , as i do aswell but not sure why..
    maybe its just the stunning understated looks of ti

Cheers

bonzodog
    Free Member

EhWhoMe,

I have a carbon ‘dale Synapse and its ace. Really comfy & nice to ride. Its colour scheme is a bit loud & brash for my tastes though, and it seems to have dated despite being only 3 years old. Understated is definitely more me.

Im also a bit of a sucker for all the marketing guff on how smooth Ti is to ride on the road.

Anyway, Im 50 in a couple of months & just fancy treating meself 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Can i ask why its deemed a bottom of the range frame.

It’s made from cheap titanium and welded on a production line.

Not that there’s anything wrong with this, although if it was my money I’d buy a top of the range steel bike.

If you want a top of the range Ti frame then look at Moots/Seven/Serotta etc.

I’m just typing stuff though, I don’t know whether any of this is fact.

EhWhoMe

arghhh blimey i was looking at the synapse too but it seemed like i was buying a billboard for cannondale marketing dept..as do lots of other carbon bikes + i dont look like a pro so guess the bike shouldnt either.. yes the whole Ti thing is an itch for me that wont go away too.. 😡

EhWhoMe

It’s made from cheap titanium and welded on a production line.

i know what you mean..but are all carbon frames from the main manufactures not the same big lines in factories.. there are maybe top end custom carbon companies out there too.

not arguing mind as i see your point

scotroutes

Bonzodog I’ve seen too many poorly made Lynskeys whereas my VN Amazon has been completely faultless, having completed several thousand miles. I’m considering VN for a Ti 29er frame at the moment, so I’m happy to put my money where my mouth is. The VN warranty policy is to offer a complete replacement rather than a repair. That might swing it for you too.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve got a ti road bike which was welded on a production line – I’ve got the production tag with the different signatures on it.
    Herself has a VN Eurus, which she’s very happy with. Its certainly a match to my frame which cost double.

Daniel
    Free Member

I’ve a Van Nics Euros (from Fatbirds). The warranty helped swing it. I’m really pleased with it.

bonzodog
    Free Member

The PX Ti Pro Road looks a good deal (esp with the RS80 C24 wheelset)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ti Road Bike. Lynskey R255 or VN Zephyr?’ is closed to new replies.