Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Video editing software – suggestions please
  • fieldy
    Free Member

Recent got hold of a GOPRO hero, courtesy of the forum. Started using it but came up against problems when trying to edit vids in moviemaker.

Need something better to use….

Suggestions welcome

Cheers

Bri

Northwind

I’ve always recommended Vegas previously (specifically HD Platinum- lesser versions always struggled to run the preview). But it’s flaky on my new build and their tech support so far has been useless so I’m not too pleased. Excellent when it worked.

_tom_
    Free Member

Premiere CS5 if you have Windows, Final Cut Pro if you have a mac.

brownix
    Free Member

Videopad, Free Download.
    Does everything. Perfect just for cobbling together short vids!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

iMovie ’11 if you have a mac. Free product and all you need really.

fbk
    Free Member

I use Vegas and love it – amazingly cheap too these days (on Amazon anyway)

Best thing to do is visit the websites of the big players and download a free demo (most = time limited) and have a play yourself. That’s what I did.

fisha
    Free Member

fbk is right. Depends on your budget really. but most of the software people have downloadable versions you can try out first for a while.

premiere is excessive for your needs at the moment ( and £££ ) , but is one of the daddy’s of movie editing.

i tried Vegas in the past and quite liked it. In the end though I went with pinnacle studio ultimate HD … mainly cause it came with a lite version of magic bullet looks from RedGiant. Was a good buy for £100 and I think it has been worth it. So much so I had considered the upgrade as well.

Pinnacle Studio is a halfway house editor in my books between the basic windows movie maker and the big boys like Premiere. Its got the power and features in some areas, but mollycoddles you in others. For me, its been pretty stable, and if it has crashed, its normally recovered without losing too much.

Whats your budget?
    What format is the video that you are editing?
    How long are you editing for?
    Are you just slicing and joining together?
    Are you needing extra effects?

MrSmith
    Free Member

FCP-X great at retiming and stabilization and skimming clips, very easy to pick up. grading is a bit rudimentary in the colour department but masking and keying are very good.

angrylevy
    Free Member

I would recommend all in one tool Aimersoft Video Converter, get a trial to see if it works for you
    http://www.offpriceware.com/2012/02/aimersoft-video-converter-ultimate.html

fieldy
    Free Member

Cheers Guys. Plenty to look at there!!!
    Only want it for putting together clips from the rides with the mates etc. a bit of music and the option to mess about with effects.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Video editing software – suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.