Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Verbier in early Sept
  • antennae
    Free Member

Thinking of heading out to Verbier just after the World Champs in Champéry (week of Sep 5th)… and I know that quite a bit of the lift system is closed that week:

http://www.verbier-ete.ch/upload/Image/ete/horairesummer2011.png

Is it still possible to have a good week’s (downhill/trail) riding using the parts of the lift system that are still open? Are the trains bike-friendly?

We’re hoping to hire our own chalet and maybe get a couple of days’ guiding here and there.

Drac

The ones that are open get you to the main Plateau and from there you can reach loads of trails at more or less that level or with a little riding up up and some small carrying.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

When I looked into Verbier earlier this year it appeared that it was going to be a nightmare to (a) guide ourselves/with a book or (b) find a decent guide. So we have booked for 4 days inclusive holidaying with Biker Verbier. Good luck though.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Bonus – le Chable lift open until 19th september. avoids the post bus for getting back from trails like Vertigo, nuthouse etc.

erik
    Free Member

We offer daily guiding if you like and can offer self catered accommodation in September as well.

wl
    Free Member

I’d get in touch with Bike Verbier – you’ll save yourself a load of research and hassle, and guarantee you get to ride the best trails in the region. Probably won’t cost you that much more either, by the time you’ve factored in food, transport, booze, lift tickets etc etc. You’ll struggle to find the really good trails, even if you use a regular local guide. The combination of Phil & Lucy’s trail knowledge, plus access to their van and bike trailer, is unbeatable. Still, good luck if you do try to DIY.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Hi we have done it DIY style but had garmin maps for the region, plotted some routes, did a bit of exploring and found some great trails. I’m sure bike verbier could be a lot more fun but we enjoy freestyling and exploring – had a great time. Drop me an email if you want some gpx routes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Verbier in early Sept’ is closed to new replies.