Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Vegitarian Stuffing Recipes
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

By my own admission I make a really good chestnut stuffing to a very old recipe. We have a couple of Vegitarians coming for Christmas Dinner this year, I am pretty good at most vegetarian food preferring to use vegetables, pulses etc. rather than fake meats etc. but I am completely clueless as to where to start with stuffing when the vast majority of the ingredients that I normally use are meat or meat based.

grahamt1980

I would suggest that using a marrow or several cucumbers should stuff most vegetarians pretty well.

tymbian
    Free Member

Take two vegetarians…..

I’ll get my coat.

z1ppy

Hugh’s recipe for pork shoulder & a meat free chestnut stuffing (says you can do the stuffing separately in a buttered dish) going to try it Sunday, but my friend has harped on about it being great (like all Hughes recipes IME)

Junkyard
    Free Member

whats your chestnut recipe ?
    i will vegietise it for you

kayak23

What are you planning on stuffing since there is no bird? Personally, I wouldn’t worry about having a veggie version of all that ‘traditional’ stuff. Just make something lush….

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I have made this before for veggies at Christmas, and now end up making it even when we dont have veggies over – it seems fiddly but works really well, and looks great too.

parsnip roulade with sage and onion stuffing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Vegitarian Stuffing Recipes’ is closed to new replies.