Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Vegetarianism – Is it natural?
  • GEDA
    Free Member

I am afraid it is going to be a bit more drastic for us than that. Look at it another way. I think in the UK we can produce bio fuels on a 1 to 2 basis. What energy we put in we get 2 back. Now does this not mean that since the energy we are putting in at the moment is oil then half of our foods comes from oil. I doubt we come produce the food the billions of people in the world need without oil. GM, permaculture and the like are not going to solve this problem.

juan
    Free Member

That's a very Spanish approach to vegetarianism: fish is an animal…

Well from my experience is everyone but UK approach of vegetarianism. French italian and spanish veggies eat fish

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dear Meat eater Juan

Could you answer this?

A french person was once rude/offensive to me should I dislike all the French now or just that rude person?
    DISCUSS

Yours offensive alcoholic weakling ninja cardboard eating weirdy beardy lefty lifestyle freak show food fascist (or vegan as we are sometimes known)

ta

mogrim

Well from my experience is everyone but UK approach of vegetarianism. French italian and spanish veggies eat fish

I know, that's why it didn't particuarly surprise me. When I came to Spain I was vegetarian, when my father-in-law found out his comment was "but he eats [serrano] ham, right?"…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

GM, permaculture and the like are not going to solve this problem.

… alone, I agree, but they are part of the solution … we are not just going to be able to substitute oil for something else, fusion power for example. Not for some considerable time, if ever.

So the sooner we get started the better. Oh wait …

sc-xc

Junkyard…you should know by now that no-one is allowed to say anything that Juan disagrees with (in case he offers them out for a 'fist chat' as per Tankslapper's thread), but Juan is allowed to openly slate anyone on the forum.

Luckily, we don't cry about it.

BigDummy
    Free Member

French italian and spanish veggies eat fish

And chicken and pork. 😉

dyna-ti

Abnormal
    Most of the vegaterians ive seen were weak sad looking individuals.
    Mind you if the do it cos they 'dont like the taste'[what a pile of nonsense]then fair enough ,as long as its not an issue of conscience,the meat is murder brigade, resplendent in their leather doc martins.
    As to people who make their kids eat only veg especially when theyre still young and need these ingredients for growth .
    Should be Fu**ing shot

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I've got a mate who's veggie, I take great delight in offering him pork scratchings whenever we go out for a drink!

I also rip the piss out of his plastic shoes!!

Veggies, great entertainment if nothing else!

sc-xc

Whathaveisaidnow – Member

I've got a mate who's veggie, I take great delight in offering him pork scratchings whenever we go out for a drink!

I also rip the piss out of his plastic shoes!!

you sound fun! I bet you wear wacky socks.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I don't wear socks, infact I don't wear anything at all when I go out, just in case he finds something funny to say about what I'm wearing!

Sometimes we talk about what we've been watching on TV! It' not all one big piss take!

😯

adlyhobart
    Free Member

hence i didnt want to get into this pointless show of stupidity and ignorance. there is always a meat eater shouting loudest and trying to defend their habbits by accusing us vegans of preaching

sc-xc

I don't wear socks, infact I don't wear anything at all when I go out, just in case he finds something funny to say about what I'm wearing!

Sometimes we talk about what we've been watching on TV! It' not all one big piss take!

ignore me, I've had a rubbish day. No offence intended.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

If God didn't intend us to eat animals why did he make them out of meat?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

ignore me, I've had a rubbish day. No offence intended.

who me dear, no dear, non taken! 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

dyna-ti – Member
    I thanks you for the respect of my right to choose what I eat and not making to big a deal of it.
    Anyway almost 10 and I am too weak to stay awake just hope I make it through the night to be shouted at by another meat eater who cares more about what I eat than I care about what they eat.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Yes, we have the vegetarian option……**** OFF!

😈

juan
    Free Member

A french person was once rude/offensive to me should I dislike all the French now or just that rude person?

Sorry I wont bite on that… Specially since you've probably already made your mind.

Barry for the record, tankslapper post wasn't the frist of on were he displyed xenophbism. The fact that it was pulled probably wasn't random.

I am just bored at vegan shouting at me because that they are far more healthier than I am becasue I eat meat. I was totaly indifferent before xhev intervention. And now the more I hear/see vegan on here the more I think they have something to prove. You don't want to eat meat or fish or anything good. Just don't take a bloody stupid excuse for it and stop willy waving about it…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I used to know a bloke who would happily slot pretty much any wild (or not so wild) game to order, but he wouldn't eat it 'cos he just didn't like meat.

Fair enough.

As for the child-rearing-vegetarian thing, my friend has raised her 11yr old son on a veggy diet from day one, he is healthy, happy well fed and growing at an alarming rate!

samuri
    Free Member

spanish veggies

Ahahahaha! Yeah right, show me a spanish veggie and I'll show you a spanish sportsman who doesn't cheat.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Juan. It was hypothetical

One vegan annoyed you get over it.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

hiya!
    sorry to miss this lowey; i was out murdering some tomatoes, red onions, salad leaves and cucumber to satisfy my trendy 17 year deep veganistic tendencies…

juan, what?
    i annoyed you? i can't even remember when this was, and i've told you that before, yet every time this same subject comes up on here all you do is bring this mysterious incident up again…
    give it a rest mate.
    i don't give a sh!t what you eat. nor anyone else, for that matter. and indeed, i don't think for a second that my diet makes me any more or less healthy than you or anyone else (but for the record, i don't drink alcohol or smoke either)…
    BUT… if you're going to bring the soya thing into this, maybe you want to look up to see what over 90% of the world's soya crop is actually used for (here's a hint- animal feed!).

plus, vegan ninjas… good grief. grow up man.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

dyna-ti – Member

Abnormal
    Most of the vegaterians ive seen were weak sad looking individuals.

What utter bollox.

I know loads of vegetarians and vegans who are perfectly fit and healthy

Joanna Lumley is a veggie FFS Hardly weak and sad looking.

Get real

Toddboy
    Free Member

We could settle this quite simply. Just eat the vegetarians 😈

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Now i don't agree with anyone forcing their views down other peoples throats. If you want to vegan/veggie or eat meat it's all good. The biggest issue in modern society is less what we eat but more the quantities in which we eat it.

I would recommend a facinating read called The end of food by Paul Roberts. For instance he points out that should China/India demand the same volume of meat in their diets as in the Western World then there simply isn't enough available land on the planet to sustain the crops to feed these animals let alone enough water. Thats without considering the vast levels of fertlizer and soil additives which would also be required.

The disconnect between where meat really comes from presents the biggest problem to my mind, if people were made truely aware of the modern farming techniques which provide the majority of meat we consume they would more than likely think twice about eating the products of this industry every day. Maybe we should buy live chickens and kill them oursleves, that would more than likely reduce consumption significantly 🙂

BlingBling
    Free Member

Vegans/vegies I dont care what you eat but why are you always so **** booooooooring zzzzzzzzzzzz

mogrim

show me a spanish veggie and I'll show you a spanish sportsman who doesn't cheat.

I've met quite a few, and I don't remember Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Nadal, or Casillas cheating either.

lowey

At the end of the day its all about personal choice.

I eat pretty much anything, Junkyard and Herbivore dont. Thats fine by my and I know that the feeling is vise versa.. so whats the big deal ?

Personal choice.

I'd like to see someone try and post a "Homosexuality – Is it Natural" thread, but to my mind its pretty much the same thing. Personal choice.

Right, bacon and sausage barm or steak canadian ? hmmmm….

kimbers

to be fair my missus best mate is a vegan and she wears vegan doc martins

shes also a rather large gal , i reckon she must be secretly quaffing bacon sarnies to get up to the size she is

dyna-ti

Well junkyard,you dont see groups of butchers gathering in groups handing out flyers shouting the odds
    Maybe i was a bit strong on labelling all veggies,but ive seen plenty of the meat is murder brigade resorting to violence over what they say is right[veggies every last one :?]
    Some eat fish,some wear leather clothes and shoes,seems a bit like selective protest,some might even go so far as to say,hypocritical.
    but what do you think about what i was saying about parents forcing their young children to follow this lifestyle,when it has been shown that meat contains vital building materials for healthy growth.And to supplement this they feed them chemical additives.

We were quite happy eating our meat sandwiches when the veggie brigade stormed in, telling us how wrong we were in our lifestyle.
    Dont blame me you guys started it 😉

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Vegetarianism – Is it natural?’ is closed to new replies.