Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)
  • Vaping and driving
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

When has it been a good idea to drive and vape, when, with every exhalation of said vapour, you can’t bluddy see where you are going! Ban it. Ban it now!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Vaping makes less “smoke” than smoking. Banning mobile phones seems to have made no difference

onehundredthidiot

squirrelking
    Free Member

Vaping makes less “smoke” than smoking.

And that’s a genuine #jambyfact

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆

Jamba do you have any real world experience or are you locked in a room just regurgitating stuff you read on the interweb?

You really want to change your sources!

lunge

Vaping makes less “smoke” than smoking. Banning mobile phones seems to have made no difference

I’d completely disagree with both those sentiments. Vaping produces a huge amount of smoke/steam/vapour, loads, too much IMO.
    And I’d also argue that whilst you still have the odd idiot on their mobile the vast majority of people don’t any more. So I’d suggest that it has made a difference actually.

plop_pants
    Free Member

OK, so I’ve only seen one person daft enough to do it. As he was driving towards me he created his own cumulonimbus and disappeared into it!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s good practice for driving in foggy conditions.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Whilst we’re at it, Lets ban driving in fog, mist, rain, snow and/or anything else that might even slightly impair vision whilst driving.

vongassit
    Free Member

I saw a guy the other day smoking a big sherlock holmes type vape thing , Holy s— you should of seen the smoke/vapour.

It was like an old steam train ,just like that tool from vapenation. Definatly not for driving.

v8ninety

I’m pretty sure the density of the vapour produced by some of these super vapers is somewhat higher than even the thickest natural fog, so that’s a daft thing to say. I’ve seen some cars in the city driving down the road doing very realistic Thonas the Tank engine impressions out of a cracked open drivers window, so I dread to think what the visibility is like inside the vehicle. It’s a handheld distraction anyway, so there’s existing legislation that the police could use if they wanted to.

jointhedotz
    Free Member

There are degrees of vaping, mine produces less visible ‘smoke’ than cigarette would but you do see more powerful ones in use. I guess it’s something that, like mobiles, comes down to common sense. Yeah…that’s not too common. Perhaps what we need though are less people calling for things to be banned so we can all use our brains a little more?

athgray
    Free Member

Whilst we’re at it, Lets ban driving in fog, mist, rain, snow and/or anything else that might even slightly impair vision whilst driving.

Not wearing your glasses for seeing at distance impairs visions. I would say to choose not to is reckless.

andysredmini
    Free Member

It amazes me how many cherry flavoured clouds I ride through on my way to and from work.
    I once had a lady following me down a road and she would literally disappear in the car until the smoke cleared. God knows how she could see where she was going if I couldn’t see her.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Some of you do need to think a little before getting yourselves wound up !

Mrs B is a smoker and vaper. She can vape very discretely including in places not allowed like on aeroplanes. Its possible to blow the smoke sideways you know, its not compulsory to fill your field of vision or indeed make much smoke at all as per when we are flying. Also the vaping smole doesn’t make the car smell so even blessed in my car 😉

Edit: I see @join just posted much the same

And I’d also argue that whilst you still have the odd idiot on their mobile the vast majority of people don’t any more. So I’d suggest that it has made a difference actually.

We see many people on the phone, you can usually tell by the way they are driving too, ie badly

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If I’m alongside a particularly pretty lady I immediately fill the cab with a cloud of funk but she can’t see me checking her out. Win.

jointhedotz
    Free Member

Out of interest…..would you lot prefer smokers?

Ive been vaping for 1.5 years now and yes….I need to quit that too. But compared to smoking I feel a thousand times better. Yes, the odd ‘cloud chaser’s or person who thinks that just because it’s not specifically banned somewhere they can do it in your face is annoying…they annoy me too, but surely it’s a step forward? Your complaining of cherry smells ffs…..bigger picture time perhaps?

v8ninety

I think the objections on this thread are limited to the odd idiot who vapes with something that could double for the dry ice generator at a west end production of starlight express whilst driving, rather than broader objections to gaping generally. That’s my grumble anyway. Vaping is, generally, much less antisocial than fagging, it has to be said.

jointhedotz
    Free Member

Those idiots are everywhere though, in every walk of life. I suspect it’s more a matter of perception. Fog looks worse from outside

mikewsmith
    Free Member

She can vape very discretely including in places not allowed like on aeroplanes

Apart from the obvious, great time to be responsible for smoke in the cabin…
    I think this sums up the world of the nicotine slave.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Heaven knows what I’ll do of they install e-cig vapour detectors in the loos. It’s only a matter of time till the self-righteous demand it. 🙁

stu170
    Free Member

I’m a vaper, and a cloud chaser at that, I vape on aircraft, that a I’m working on and b I’m flying in, there is a way to vape on aircraft that is undetectable. And I also vape whilst driving. You see a car has a least 2 windows that you can open, crack one of them and it disperses better than normal fag smoke. Traffic lights are an issue, but with constant airflow no bother.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

there is a way to vape on aircraft that is undetectable

Sssh. Don’t tell them that.

Cletus

FFS if you cannot go a few hours without nicotine then wear a patch and chew some gum. Do not create a potentially dangerous situation by emitting clouds of noxious fumes.

If a passenger or crew member sees smoke then a dangerous situation could occur even if it is relatively harmless.

I think a lifetime ban from the airline would be reasonable and proportionate in these cases 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, get it wrong and get what looks like a lovely cloud of smoke coming out from under the door/curtains and see the panic.
    Can you not manage a few hours without your drug stick?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lets not actively do things to impair our vision whilst driving…its hardly requires the mind of a genius to work this out

Out of interest…..would you lot prefer smokers?

I would also preferred to be stabbed rather than shot

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can you not manage a few hours without your drug stick?

No. Why do you think Nicotine is called a drug? I wait till it’s dispersed before leaving the loo. It normally has by the time I’ve wiped the wee off the edge of the sink. And if it hasn’t, the next occupant gets a nice menthol vanilla fragrance. They should be thankful really.

Junkyard
    Free Member

your wee smells of menthol vanilla

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m heavily in demand at the local watersports club.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Eternal gratitude when the plane gets landed in the wrong country…
    Try patches or gum rather than things that are specifically banned. I guess the first time you find the alarm going off will tell you it’s been upgraded.

And if it hasn’t, the next occupant gets a nice menthol vanilla fragrance.[b]your left over nicotine [/b]

Fify

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wow. Someone reported me for that?

Big Meh.

‘vape’ on a plane and you deserve all the hatred and vitriol that can be mustered.

jointhedotz
    Free Member

@junkyard

A better analogy might be left the **** alone rather than stabbed

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

How do you know you got reported?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I guess the first time you find the alarm going off will tell you it’s been upgraded.

Nah, they’ll let us know as soon as the alarms have been upgraded. No worries there. Then I’ll use the secret no-visible-vapour technique.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A nice email from teh modz.

If she were to ‘vape’ on a plane sitting next me I’d punch her in the face.

Better?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Shoes a bit tight this evening Flashy? You ok Hun?

jointhedotz
    Free Member

I wonder how many of the people complaining about vaping drive diesels….

uselesshippy
    Free Member

This is just like an old fashioned smoking thread. Fight 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some good advice here…
    https://www.halocigs.com/blog/four-reasons-not-stealth-vape-on-a-plane/

I wonder how many of the people complaining about vaping drive diesels

2 parts,
    Firstly the point about the excessive clouds in cars making driving more difficult. Maybe not all but with what looks to be a fairly unregulated industry people are doing stupid things and putting other people in danger. Your one priority as a driver is driving, if your drug cravings mean you can’t give that 100% take the bus.
    Secondly
    On a plane it’s expressly forbidden, it can cause painic and if you read the link it could be very bad for both you wallet and your future holiday plans.

Driving diesels yes not the best but neither impare your vision or get planes diverted.
    What if the smoker was driving a diesel? (rhetorical wgaf really)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wow – you even went googling for something. 😆

I’ll give that a read* in the morning.

(*I won’t really…unless I’m stuck in slow moving traffic having a vape and not able to see much else and remember** it.)

**I probably won’t.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Vaping and driving’ is closed to new replies.