Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Muc-Off Silicone Shine – used on forks? Good,, bad or indifferent?
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Saw in a shop and have used on my forks – seems great. Makes them really smooth.

When I tried to look into whether it was good for the fork seals etc couldn’t find anything on the internet regarding people using it for bikes. Just lots of people using it to clean their car dashboards.

Do people use it? Is it harmmful in any way for the forks?

Cheers go any responses.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crowd.

Is no one using it?

scottalej
    Free Member

this stuff?

Silicon Shine

BENEFITS
    Protects and leaves a sparkling shine on metal, plastic & rubber parts.
    Reduces friction on fork stanchions and rear shocks
    Silicon formula prevents grime build up on treated surfaces
    Cuts down on future cleaning and maintenance

I’ve never been impressed with Muc-Off stuff apart from their chain oil.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Yes…it genuinely makes them smooth. Spray it on and it’s like they’ve come back from TF Tuned…
    But no one seems to use it…bit odd if it is genuinely good.

My issue is I wonder if I still need to treat fork seals as I normally would when cleaning, or if this is good enough as an overall fork cleaning/maintenance substance.

stuker
    Free Member

yep i use it fairly often on fork stanchions and shock shaft as well as reverb. Seals have been fine

scottalej
    Free Member

I used to use ‘Juice Lubes Fork Juice Suspension Lube’ on Fox forks and shocks to make them plusher. More effective than the ‘push’ tune I wasted my money on!

andybrad

i like it.

Its expensive.

it doesn’t seem to attract shit like oil does.

chiefgrooveguru

I use generic silicone spray on forks and shocks, I think it really helps keep them in good nick, makes dirt less likely to get pulled through the seals and keeps the stanchions well lubed.

Cowman

Same here, just use generic silicon plumbers spray works a charm on forks & reverb.

No issues ever.

iainc

wonder how it compares to this stuff that I asked about the other day..

ajantom

Used the Juice Lubes and currently on the Muc-off stuff. The Juice Lubes seemed to go on better and last longer. But the Muc-Off smells nicer – though my can has started to dribble while applying, which is annoying.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Great – cheers for the replies.

allan23
    Free Member

Used to polish mine with Wurth silicone spray. Pretty much same shit cheaper price.

When the last can of Wurth stuff ran out I got Juice Lubes fork juice as it was on 2 for 1. There’s nothing to make me suspect it’s anything other than Silicone Spray in a fancy can.

I spray onto a cloth and polish the stanchions rather than spray the seals, always wary of dribbling solvent based sprays into the seals.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Muc-Off Silicone Shine – used on forks? Good,, bad or indifferent?’ is closed to new replies.