Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Vacation home exchange – would you?
  • PapaWheelie
    Free Member

We finally have a few dollars in our bank account, so my wife immediately wants to jet off to Europe and spend it.

She’s doesn’t really have a destination in mind – London, Rome, Coed-y-Brenin (that last one was my idea) and there’s not enough for a posh hotel, so she was wondering about exchanging homes with someone wanting to come over to Vancouver.

I’m wondering if anyone has ever done this and why or why not?

The thought of leaving Tandem Jerry alone in my house with my wife’s unlocked underwear drawer gives me nightmares.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sorry, I misread the title as Vatican home exchange. Maybe we need another thread for that 😉

backhander
    Free Member

I saw a programme about a couple of families doing this. One lot went to the US and had a great time. The american family came over here and moaned all day every day (weather, size of fridge, TV channels etc etc).
    I'm not sure why you'd leave vancouver to come here or any of europe (maybe the alps) TBH. I'd love to venture into Yukon, have you done this?

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

I've been to the Yukon, and spent a lot of time working in the Northwest Territories.
    Great places if you want to be the very first person to ever walk through a forest or stand on top of a mountain. Not so good if you want singletrack or culture or not to be a grizzly bear's supper.
    We're looking at Europe to show our seven-year-old boy a bit of history. I think the oldest building in Vancouver is around 150 years old.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I live in Barnsley, and would be more than happy to do a holiday house swap! 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I know two families that have done this several times and both had good experiences. Want my flat in Edinburgh? I wouldn't mind a holiday in Vancouver especially with ladies knickers thrown in

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

London, Rome, Barnsley.
    One of these is not like the others.
    Might have to do a bit of a sales job here.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Edinburgh is a good historic city though and handy for the seven stanes trail centres. Show the wee man a bit of scottish history, we have loads of it! Maybe even tie it in with a highland games would make a trip to remember

theyEye
    Free Member

Hmmmm… Never considered home exchange, but it may be a good idea.

Renting a flat on the outskirts of Bologna now, which is an hour from Venice, an hour from Florence, and two from Rome…
    If only the Mrs could be convinced to go to Vancouver… I have my doubts, but stranger things have happened.

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

Barnsley, Edinburgh or Bologna.
    Nice offers, but I'm still wondering how people feel about a complete stranger coming into their homes and being able to do whatever they want.
    It kinds freaks me out, but my wife is cool with it (I'm assuming she'd bring her knickers with and not leave them around the house).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Vacation home exchange – would you?’ is closed to new replies.