Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • (UST) front mud tyres?
  • z1ppy

Already got trailraker and mud-x, and though I will/have used the mud-x up front (why would you use a trailraker on the front?), I'd like something 'sticker' for the front, for wet roots.
    Anything else I should be considering?
    Got a set of ust rims, which Ive been experimenting with, so UST is prefered but not essential.
    Only other recommendation that seem to come up regularly is the Swampthing, but a 2.3 seems a little over the top for XC riding in the slop & it's not UST.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'm using Specialized Storm Controls on my Soul this winter. I'm running them with tubes but they're Specialized's 2BLISS so apparently are tubeless compatible.

z1ppy

yeah seen them mentioned, they're dual compound (55a/65a), and the mud-x is a Gum-Bi 60/50a (not that I understand those figure that well) I can't see them being better, just slightly heavier and a lot of reviews says they look the same (or very similar)…

epicsteve
    Free Member

Just checked and the ones on my bike are marked dual-compound 50/60. They seem to be the S-works version.

I'd probably have bought Mud-X's as well but no-where around here seems to stock them and the Specializeds were pretty cheap. Supposed to be 570g as well, which isn't too bad if a few grams more than the Mud-X.

br
    Free Member

the Swampthing is slower than a slow thing, and just as heavy…

and the pair of Mud X's I bought last week while labelled as 500g actually weighed 580g!

cullen-bay
    Free Member

I've just been trying medusa's and they are amazing, very happy with them

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘(UST) front mud tyres?’ is closed to new replies.