Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Using Ergon bar ends without the grips.
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’m not really getting on with the paddle shape of my Ergon GP2s and am going to re-try my standard Lizard Skins Northshores. The thing is I really love the Ergon bars and, as they the can be separated from the grips, was toying with the idea of whether they could be safely used in place of my standard aluminium ones.

Has anyone tried this?

scaredypants

sorry, never tried

cane creek ergo ones are nice, though

PJay
    Free Member

I may have an old set of Ergos lying around somewhere; it doesn’t look as if Crane Creek make them any more.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I like the cane creek ergo bar ends but broke mine! now much prefer the sjs ones,really comfy

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Did you get the large or small paddle size? I struggled with the larger paddle but switched to the small and its so much better…quite a bit of difference between the two.

Run the ergons on all my bikes now. Unfortunately I can’t see how you could separate the bar ends as they are moulded to fit the paddles. There are plenty of ebay / amazon clones about with straight grips and ergon style bar ends but quality I would suggest would be questionable.

PJay
    Free Member

I have the large GP2s but perhaps the GS or GX models would be better (I do like my ‘normal‘ Lizard Skins though).

It is possible to buy Ergon bar ends as replacement parts and they look as if they might work independently but I’m not 100% sure (they do take a plastic insert); I might have a play about though.

belugabob
    Free Member

I have ergons on one of my bikes (like them a lot) but can’t see how the ends would work on their own.

However, I have different ends on another bike, and I like these even more. If the ergons don’t work out, you should consider these as an option.

https://www.evanscycles.com/specialized-p2-overendz-bar-ends-00101936

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Using Ergon bar ends without the grips.’ is closed to new replies.