Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • USB rechargeable clip-on light?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend one? Needn’t be super bright, but it has to be small and clip onto my clothing, rather than my bike. Fed up of replacing batteries or faffing with AAAs.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OK, it is super bright, but I’d recommend a Moon Shield 60 to anyone. Decent clothing clip, assuming you have something to clip it on to.
    Rear view here –

waveydavey
    Free Member

I’d recommend the Lezyne Zecto Rear Light. Has a rubber band to attach to seat post and can clip onto clothing.
    Not as bright as the Moon but pretty dam bright nontheless. However not as pricey as the Moon Sheild.

gogg
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Lezyne Zecto since October, very happy with it.

bails

I’ve got a zecto front light which is good.

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the spread like on those? I’ve seen some super bright rear lights that are like spotlights – so they aren’t particularly bright unless you are directly behind when they dazzle the crap out of unsuspecting cyclists following (yes Mr MTB-riding-up-Constitution-Hill-On-Thursday I’m talking about you 🙂 )

molgrips
    Free Member

Did not like the Zecto actually. Bigger than I thought and didn’t flash the way I wanted it to.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Didn’t flash the way you wanted it to , blimey you’re fussy aren’t you . Don’t you get about half a dozen different flash options with that light ?

barrykellett
    Free Member

I’ve had 3 Moon shields. They all go at the USB charging port if you dont run full mudguards and its wet.

Using a KNogg blinder now, the USB interface seems immensely better. Absolutely no side visibility though.

richmtb

I’ve got Lezyne Zecto front light. Nice bit of kit. Plenty of modes nice simple fastening method. The rear is basically the same light with a red filter. I’d recommend it happily

molgrips
    Free Member

Didn’t flash the way you wanted it to , blimey you’re fussy aren’t you

No! All I want is rapid flashing. Slow flashing is no good, and I wasn’t sure about the individual winking thing. I’ve no idea why Lezyne didn’t include one. But maybe, if I can’t find another option.

molgrips
    Free Member

Moon Gem 3.0W anyone?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Knog blinder?

z1ppy

Just seen the Lezyne Zecto in a LBS, was very impressed, surprised you didn’t like it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I want rapid flashing, the Zecto didn’t have it. I don’t think slow flashing is much good for cycling.

Knog blinder looks lovely but does not appear to have a clip.

brooess
    Free Member

I don’t think slow flashing is much good for cycling.

saccadic masking…

molgrips
    Free Member

Meaning what.. that slow flashing is bad or good?

brooess
    Free Member

I’m guessing that slow flashing increases the length of time the light is off, therefore increasing the chances of not being seen as you;re more likely to fall into a saccade

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, some people are using one blink every second or so, which is ages – how are you supposed to track a moving object when it’s off most of the time? And when there are several cyclists all with slow flashing you can’t see a thing, it’s just flashing lights everywhere. Add that on to the **** with 60 lumens shining in your eye and it’s a recipe for disaster imo.

That’s why I want a steady light on the bike, and a quick flasher on the body.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘USB rechargeable clip-on light?’ is closed to new replies.