• This topic has 272 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 33 posts - 241 through 273 (of 273 total)
  • US Election
  • chewkw
    Free Member

jimw – Member

Thatcher is great and strong and I would vote for someone like her anytime.

Well, knock me down with a feather and tickle me with it. I would never have guessed that. [/quote]

Told you, you lot are wrong …

In those days I voted for Labour with Neil Kinnock at the helm and later I voted for Paddy Ashdown at Lib Dem.

Also I think at one point I voted for Green as I was trying to impress some birds … Birds were in Green party using their seductive charms to get me to vote Green so I did but they took me for a ride. i.e. I did not pull. Dammit!

Nowadays when I think of my past voting patterns I feel dirty and disgusting … I mean I voted for Neil Kinnock … FFS!

Ya, I also voted for Tories some year later …

😯

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If you “vote for green to impress some birds” you’re a doubly reprehensible person.

chewkw
    Free Member

gofasterstripes – Member
    If you “vote for green to impress some birds” you’re a doubly reprehensible person.

I sold my soul to the devil in those days for temptation. 😆

The female devils were all lefties in those days unfortunately … 😆

I mean I even joined the Acting club … FFS!

I was low … very low. 😆

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

To clarify, both the language and, more importantly, abusing the right to vote.

chewkw
    Free Member

gofasterstripes – Member
    To clarify, both the language and, more importantly, abusing the right to vote.

Ya, but who told you that you are right? 😆

Northwind

chewkw – Member

1. Merkel – crikey the spinster

She’s been married twice 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

chewkw – Member
    1. Merkel – crikey the spinster

She’s been married twice [/quote]
    Ya, no children, no normal family, no being comes out from her body … spinster she is! 😈

Northwind

chewkw
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Ya, no difference … spinster’s temperament she has … 😈

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Ok yodakw

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Ok yodakw

chewkw
    Free Member

Twice you have said gofasterstripes. 😯

Doubling of power is not …

arrpee
    Free Member

This woman is not a clam woman

A clam woman, yesterday:

chewkw
    Free Member

arrpee – Member

This woman is not a clam woman

A clam woman, yesterday:[/quote]

D’Oh! I mean calm! Calm!

Not clam but she could be a clam woman too! 😆

5thElefant
    Free Member

It would be polite.

Northwind

Instead of beating up protestors at the convention they can just execute them, good idea.

MSP

I hope that’s an ironic petition by the liberal elite.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cruz wins Wisconsin, as predicted by polls. And Sanders beats Hillary. (Wonder if Panama had anything to do with that.) Trump’s polling now starting to look a lot shakier.

Still looks like Hillary has enough in the bag to take the nomination but the chance of an open convention for the GOP looks much more possible now… (Not sure when the last open convention was.) Did Trump go too for with the abortion comments and subsequent flip-flopping? Bizarre comments on nuclear proliferation a step too far?

Crazy campaign. Wonder what else it has in store. 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Perhaps Trump is there to make Cruz look moderate and appeal to the middle ground…

dazh

Trump’s polling now starting to look a lot shakier.

Alarmingly I’m finding this quite troubling. As much as I fear a President Trump, I also equally fear a President Cruz. Cruz is much more electable than Trump so I do wonder why any lefty progressives would be celebrating the prospect of Trump’s failure to win the nomination.

The GOP convention is going to be a bloodbath though if Trump doesn’t win enough delegates. The biggest danger for the democrats is that this will breed complacency. The ability of the GOP to regroup around the eventual candidate after the convention shouldn’t be underestimated.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I agree dazh. (If it came across that I was pleased with this setback for Drumpf, then, my mistake.)

As much as I dislike Trump, I’d rather see him up against a democrat than Cruz. I think the GOP would unite behind Cruz without too many problems. Pity about Sanders’ late showing. Not enough real estate left for him I reckon.

shermer75
    Free Member

As much as I love Bernie (and I do!) I honestly (and sadly) think that he is as unelectable as Trump. So H. Clinton might be a better nominee there.

GOP: As far as I can work out it’s almost a dead cert for a brokered convention, which is something I knew nothing about until I got obsessed with this crazy primary! However I now know this:

1) All delegate pledges are reset to zero- meaning that anyone is now able to stand for Republican nomination however:

2) As of 2012 only candidates who have acquired a majority in 8 states can put themselves forward (rule 40) but:

3) There is a meeting in July (before the convention) of the 112 member Republican rules committee that might change this so that people other than Trump/Cruz can stand.

Conclusion:

I think that the GOP mainstream are going to push for John Kasich or Paul Ryan to be their nominee for POTUS, and most likely get one of them just as long as they can agree who to push for! (Could also be Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush or in fact several others, even Mitt Romney. So many!!)

Sauce

dazh

Well that’s curtains for Bernie. Shame, although I wonder if the conciliatory language from Clinton is a sign that she’s thinking of offering him the position of running mate?

nickc

Cruz pulling out. The Trump is actually the republican candidate (for the time being)

😯

I never thought that would happen!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Must have been the Cruz’s Dad killed JFK story…
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36195317
    Well it will be a political bloodbath come November (well from here on in) unless Kasich manages to win enough to take it to convention then I expect actual blood to be spilled.
    In many ways it’s good Cruz is gone he’s 90% as far out to the right as Trump just in the same way as standing next to Boris would make Krusty the Clown seem normal being compared to Trump makes him look less of a prick.

binners

Listening to Cruz this morning, he sounded like an evil Ned Flanders

jambalaya
    Free Member

@nickc me neither, well certainly not initially

dazh

Strangely I’m kind of relieved. I was much more worried about a Cruz presidency than Trump. A religious zealot is much more dangerous than an incompetent narcissist. This will be a much closer race than the Clinton camp think it will be. Trump has the charisma and populist support that she lacks, and he’ll dump or water down the crazy policies and be much more serious from here on in.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not yep, Trump still has to upset a lot of people to make up to a lot of people while alienating the last lot he made up to…

Good reading in the article about where the polling is happening – ie not worth doing a poll in a state that hasn’t changed it’s outcome in 50 years

Junkyard
    Free Member

WHat sort of country can elect him as a leader

There are no redeeming features to this man, from his egotism, his sexism, his racism, lying about himself, that **** hairdo.

That poor oppressed americans think this man is the answer to corporatism and privilege is beyond parody.

Its hard to know whether, come the glorious revolution, it would be best take him out or the entire american race for voting for him

And we thought Bush was bad 😯

Klunk
    Free Member

they’ll drink the sand

Viewing 33 posts - 241 through 273 (of 273 total)

The topic ‘US Election’ is closed to new replies.