Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • URGENT – Police need help to ID injured cyclist
  • morelikeme
    Free Member

This was issued by PA ar 1pm today.

Police today appealed for the public's help to identify a cyclist fighting for
    his life in hospital following a road crash.
    The victim was not carrying any identification and police are struggling to
    notify his family that his life is in danger.
    He was on a distinctive pedal cycle, described as a black Ribble carbon fibre
    road racing bike, with the logo "SCURO HCR" on the frame, when he was involved
    in a collision with a grey BMW 1200cc motorbike at around 11.10am on Saturday,
    on the A591 at Dunmail Raise, near Thirlmere in the Lake District.
    The cyclist suffered serious injuries and was flown to Preston Hospital by Air
    Ambulance, where he remains in a critical condition today.
    He is described as white, between 30 and 50-years-old, of athletic or stocky
    build, blue eyes, with a short crew style hair-cut and strawberry blonde hair.
    He has a silver hoop in his left ear and was wearing cycling shorts, a white
    cycling top and black SPD cycling shorts.
    Sgt Paul Brown, of Cumbria's Roads Policing Unit, said: "We are doing
    everything we can to identify this man but, as he was not carrying any
    identification and we have no matching reported missing people, we need the
    public's assistance.
    "Has a family member not returned home from a cycling session? Do you
    recognise the description of either the man, or his distinctive bike?
    "He is in a very critical condition in hospital at the moment and it is of the
    utmost importance we let his family know where he is."
    The motorbike rider, a 45-year-old man from Preston, and his 46-year-old
    pillion passenger were not injured.
    Any witnesses to the collision, or with information leading to the
    identification of the pedal cyclist are asked to contact Cumbria Police on 0845

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This has to stay bumped! Any mods on to make it a Sticky at the top?

Best of luck all round……

colnagokid

bump
    Ribble may have record of frame no, to rider

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Hopes are with him

brant
    Free Member

****. I need to call someone to make sure it's not them 🙁

ajf
    Free Member

PA? Press Association?

Want to know what happens to the guy as I was there at the scene. I was helping a guy do a bob graham round and his wife saw it all and was first on the scene. She was a trained paramedic so a handy 1st person. Was next to it all for 2 hours as the police took statements.

Wish the guy well and been looking for news today but couldn't find any updates.

brant
    Free Member

phew. wasn't him. He was slightly hacked off I'd rung him during the moto-gp 🙂

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Every solo riders nightmare!

aracer
    Free Member

Wish the guy the best. It does strike me though that it's not that distinctive a bike – I mean how many Scuros have Ribble sold?

Trampus
    Free Member

bump

Hairychested
    Free Member

Jeez, somebody must know him surely. Good luck fella, whoever you are.

finners

bump

grahamh
    Free Member

This guy seems to be single! If he was married or in some sort of partnership he would have been reported missing by now. Was he in
    any sort of club kit? Some sort of clue to phone the clubs membership
    sec.

crazy-legs

I saw the aftermath of this incident, was cycling the other way with my girlfriend, got caught up in the road closure thing (they had a policeman at each end alternating the traffic). The copper mentioned it was a cyclist but said no more other than than saying "Take care out there"

How on earth it could have happened is beyond me. It's a WIDE straight road, 2 lanes, visibility was excellent. No blind bends or anything.

Best wishes to the guy.

dunkotm
    Free Member

hopes out for this guy. guess it might pay to carry licence etc on your shirt on a solo ride.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Fingers crossed he is OK and that whoever is worried about him finds out soon.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Bump

Oggles
    Free Member

Sorry I can't help, but hopefully the police will be able to get in touch with Ribble with the frame number. I hope the bloke is allright.

The kind of situation you never want to find yourself in, but would pay to have one of these handy. http://www.roadid.com/common/default.aspx

dartmoor_rocks
    Free Member

bump

Algore
    Free Member

bump

Ambrose

bump

tankslapper
    Free Member

Any news?

Bump

pault41
    Free Member

ANY NEWS YET
    BUMP BACK TO TOP.

pault41
    Free Member

BUMP

crouch_potato
    Free Member

bump

househusband

Heard this on R4 news last night, too.

BBC News

Lesanita2
    Free Member

I'm putting ID in helmet and riding shoes now.
    Reminder to us all.

I emailed Ribble just now and will phone them later (Can't re-post to confirm Ribble reply until tonight as work block my webaccess to STW)

Email for Cunmbria police anyone – I couldn't see a reliable one on their website?

Good luck to the bloke.

clareymorris

Press release:

In relation to the previous media release concerning the seriously injured pedal cyclist involved in a road traffic collision on the A591 at Dunmail Raise, Thirlmere, Keswick at 11.10hrs Saturday 25th July, 2009:

The pedal cyclist has now been identified as a 49 year old male from the Ambleside area. Next of kin are currently with the male at Preston Royal Infirmary, where he remains in a critical but stable condition.

Cumbria Police would wish to thank the media for their invaluable help in identifying the injured pedal cyclist. His identity was established as a direct response to the media appeal.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘URGENT – Police need help to ID injured cyclist’ is closed to new replies.