Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Urgent Passport Renewal
  • Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Hello STW.

Right, I need to get my passport renewed tomorrow (it’s a long story).

Does anyone have experience of urgent passport renewal? The main thing I need to know is, can I pick up a passport renewal form from the Post Office or something? I just need the form – then, everything else will fall beautifully into place.

So, can it be done?

Thanks.

iDave
    Free Member

Can you get your photos witnessed etc?

I’ve done it in a day, get down to the passport office bloody pronto etc and bring some sandwiches.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

You’ll need to go to a passport office in person if you need it in hand tomorrow – not sure if they still do it – good luck!!

If it’s a renewal for use in a week or so you have more of a chance – ring the passport office in the morning for advice.

A main PO will have the relevant docs for renewal, you can do check and send where they make sure your photo/docs are all up to scratch this is supposed to speed the process up.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s all on the website.

Iirc they only do same day if yours has been stolen.

I got mine done in 2 weeks recently

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you get down the passport office they’ll do it same day, even though they say they won’t on the phone and web site.

carlosg
    Free Member

Don’t know if things have changed but 4 years ago my dad his wife and my 2 step brothers went to the US, the evening before they were due to fly he went to get their passports only to find they had been lost during their house move 5 months earlier.

My dad ended up going to Newcastle(I think) to get new ones for the family. The delay to their flights ended up costing him another £700 😮

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Not Newcastle, possibly Durham

PePPeR

I lost mine in Belgium last year, got back home, got all my documents together, drove to Peterborough and paid a lot of money and it was all done in a day!

Easy peasy

andygreener

I did this in 2008, two days before going to new york, dog chewed mine and didnt want to risk it so went to the Newport office, paid £150 and got it within a couple of hours luckily. You will need new photos witnessed etc well I needed them. May have changed now.

Pauly

If you have a biometric passport you don’t need new photos.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You don’t always need photos witnessed. I did not for may last passport as my appearence has not changed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Urgent Passport Renewal’ is closed to new replies.