• This topic has 38 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by mt.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Urgent – Chilli burn
  • solamanda
    Free Member

I’ve just cooked a strong curry and have an odd problem…

My right hand feels like it’s on fire, I think somehow the chilli from preparation has made its way into my skin. Any tips?

djglover
    Free Member

Don’t masturbate

AndyP
    Free Member

HTFU

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

the moisture from your eye is supposed to soothe chilli burn. massage your hand with your eyeball.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

i actually can’t believe you expected a serious answer!

solamanda
    Free Member

lol @ jimbo.

mboy
    Free Member

milk/yoghurt

ideal for stopping your gut igniting after a hot curry, so perhaps it’ll work on your hands? Then wash them thoroughly of course before you go to the loo or have a 5 knuckle shuffle…

druidh
    Free Member

Yep – milk/yoghurt/cooking oil. The chilli oil isn’t soluble in water – it needs to be fat.

Nico
    Free Member

Oil not soluble in water? Whatever next.

yetidave
    Free Member

lemon juice rubbed over hands then washed off with soap should do the trick.

bruneep

jimbobrighton – Member

the moisture from your eye is supposed to soothe chilli burn. massage your hand with your eyeball.

Utter rubbish!!

Its the moisture from your partner/wife/girlfriend that you require get your hand in her pants pronto, I’m told its quite enjoyable for them.

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t do that. Seriously. I speak from experience.

solamanda
    Free Member

Milk was my first choice, didn’t work. Then I tired swarfega and lemon juice. Nowt worked, it’s calmed down now. 3 hrs of fun with an ice pack on my hand…

*wimp*

xherbivorex
    Free Member

did you actually eat the meal that had these chillies in it too, because if the oil was potent enough to burn your skin then god help you if you got it on any mucus membranes…

seriously, i’ve not come across chilli oil potent enough to burn just by getting it on intact skin surfaces. this must have been pretty lethal…

GrahamS

Hmmm.. which to use… which to use…

http://www.scorchio.co.uk/super-sauces-c-53.html

mrsflash
    Free Member

Don’t take your contact lenses out. I speak from experience.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

haha!
    i have a bottle of dave’s insanity hot sauce in the cupboard…
    never bothered with chilli extracts though (those pure capsaicin things), but i imagine they’d do more than just tingle a bit…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Its the moisture from your partner/wife/girlfriend that you require get your hand in her pants pronto, I’m told its quite enjoyable for them.

It is slightly amusing at first when you realise what is going on. 🙂

Don’t take your contact lenses out. I speak from experience.

Or put them in. I also speak from experience.

But seriously – I once watched a foodie programme and they recommended plain old simple runnng cold water but NOT hot to wash it away, but to be honest I don’t feel it works that well.

But I actually quite like the chili burn sensation – just like I enjoy the feeling of nettle stings onbare legs after summer rides. 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

I seem to have developed a pepper allergy – if I touch my face after chopping peppers (the normal kind, not chilis) my face swells. Weird.

I like the nettle stings too – makes you remember you’ve been out riding!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We always seem to have so much in common Mrsflash! If it wasn’t for my wife…

😉

GrahamS

Mental image of mastiles and mrsflash thrashing each other with nettles… 😯

mrsflash
    Free Member

Mental image of mastiles and mrsflash thrashing each other with nettles…

lol. erm. cup of tea anyone?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’ve taken my contacts out after chopping chillis too. Smarts a bit 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mental image of mastiles and mrsflash thrashing each other with nettles…

:-O

hora
    Free Member

Prostate?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Anyone seen hora’s little blue pills?

hora
    Free Member

😆 I’ve taken my contacts out after chopping chillis too. Smarts a bit 😆

And you say I need blue pills? When you chop onions and need wipe your nose/eyes, please remember to put the knife down first 😉 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

then god help you if you got it on any mucus membranes…

Ooh! Ring Sting!

And it burns burns burns…

Wiksey
    Free Member

When chopping chillies in future hold by the stalk and use scissors to chop straight into your pan. Once finished scissors straight into soapy water. Chilli oil nevr touches your skin or any work surfaces so no nasty surprises when you go to the loo.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

atlaz
    Free Member
    anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

When chopping chillies in future hold by the stalk and use scissors to chop straight into your pan.

But I can’t finely dice or deseed the chilli with this method. I don’t mind it stinging it a bit.

atlaz
    Free Member

If you’re sensitive, just wear gloves. If you’re not, just wash your hands immediately after handling chillis. If you forget, the pain is your reward for not paying attention.

solamanda
    Free Member

I’ve never had this problem before with chillis but I chopped and diced in excess of 10 so that might explain it. In the past I’ve eaten something hot and then taken out my contacts. Never again!

hora
    Free Member

Fack anotherdeadhero/solamanda I cant think of anything more painful (or worrying) 😯

I had sheep poo/dip hole flicked up into my left eye on Sunday and it stank- no water left in my bladder and I worried forthe last 5miles!

davidrussell
    Free Member

ball / peehole / chilli interface surely more painful?

z1ppy

LOL Reminds me of this joke story: Texas Chili Contest

Frank: “Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cooking contest. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge’s table asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (native Texans) that the chili wouldn’t be all that spicy and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted.” Here are the scorecards from the advent:

(Frank Judge #3)

Chili # 1 Eddie’s Maniac Monster Chili…
    Judge # 1 –! A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.

Judge # 2 — Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.

Judge # 3 — (Frank) What the hell is this stuff?! You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put out the flames. I hope that’s the worst one. These Texans are crazy!

Chili # 2 Austin’s Afterburner Chili…

Judge # 1 — Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.

Judge # 2 — Exciting BBQ flavor; needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

Judge # 3 — Keep this out of the reach of children. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

Chili # 3 Ronny’s Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili…

Judge # 1 — Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick. Needs more beans.

Judge # 2 — A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of peppers.

Judge # 3 — Call the EPA. I’ve located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now.
    Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I’m getting pie-eyed from all of the beer…

Chili # 4 Dave’s Black Magic…

Judge # 1 — Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

Judge # 2 — Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish, or other mild foods; not much of a chili.

Judge # 3 — I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the barmaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. That 300-lb. woman is starting to look HOT…just like this nuclear waste I’m eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

Chili # 5 Lisa’s Legal Lip Remover…

Judge # 1 — Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.

Judge # 2 — Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne ! peppers make a strong statement.

Judge # 3 — My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead, and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I’m burning my lips off. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those rednecks.

Chili # 6 Pam’s Very Vegetarian Variety…

Judge # 1 — Thin, yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.

Judge # 2 — The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, a! nd garlic. Superb.

Judge # 3 — My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulphuric flames. I pooped on myself when I farted and I’m worried it will eat through the chair! No one seems inclined to stand behind me anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

Chili # 7 Carla’s Screaming Sensation Chili…

Judge # 1 — A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

Judge # 2 — Ho-hum; tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried about Judge # 3. He appears to be in a bit of distress, as he is cursing uncontrollably.

Judge # 3 — You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn’t feel a thing. I’ve lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they’ll know what killed me.
    I’ve decided to stop breathing; it’s too painful. Screw it; I’m not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I’ll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

Chili # 8 Karen’s Toenail Curling Chili…

Judge # 1 — The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold, but spicy enough to declare its existence.

Judge # 2 — This final entry is a good, balanced ! chili. Neither mild, nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge # 3 farted, passed out, fell over, and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself.
    Not sure if he’s going to make it. Poor fella, wonder how he’d have reacted to really hot chili?”

Judge # 3 — Oh God………

devs
    Free Member

Don’t touch your eyes. Don’t touch your tallywhacker. You learn this the hard way only once. We used to take tabasco as a method of punishment on rugby tours. I’ll never forget the sight of our scrum half doing a press up over a muddy puddle in a pub car park with his old chap dangling in the water. I could swear there was steam coming off.

mt
    Free Member

z1ppy – thanks that was great really funny.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Urgent – Chilli burn’ is closed to new replies.