Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Urge All Mountain
  • fathomer

Urge All Mountain
    Anyone care to share their opinion on the Urge All Mountain. How airy is it, that sort of thing and generally are the worth the cash. Quite like the quirky looks and felt pretty comfy when I had a quick try on earlier today.

The other contender at the minute is a Giro Hex, the Feature makes me look ridiculous and I think it’ll be hot!

z1ppy

Why is the Giro Hex you only other option?
    Why are you not looking at the Bell Super, IXS trail, POC Tabec (PSA on them earlier) or TLD A1 (ok that pushing the boat out a bit price wise), and no doubt lots of others, as they are similarly priced as the Urge?

fathomer

I wasn’t keen on the POC, the IXS looks great but isn’t out, no where to try the Bell and the TLD is gopping & expensive (but comfy). Plus CRC have the Urge AM for £70 so not stupidly expensive.

muddyground
    Free Member

Depends how much you sweat normally as to how comfy they are. I’ve got one and find it great, but then I don’t head sweat much. Certainly hot in the summer, but for the other 364 days of the year I find it fine.

Just used mine on a 160km xc ride over the weekend and heat wasn’t an issue. Note also Decathlon do a similar style lid for £29 – got one and it’s OK.

Bought the Urge as I find normal helmets a bit loud, and I used to get that ringing in the ears using a Fox XC vented lid. The Urge for me is quieter. However for night riding I use the Fox as I don’t want to glue a light to the Urge.

MartynS

Love mine.. Really comfy. I was concerned it’d be a big hot in summer. It wasn’t to bad.. The pads do need washing fairly often, and the front one in mine is already beginning to fall apart after about 5 months use, but it has been quite a lot of use!!

crispy1980
    Free Member

Love mine. Super comfy and not really an hotter than my old one.

z1ppy

fairy muff, just seemed a bit of a weird selection.
    I like the Super, and would recommend you try to find one to try (& obviously buy), as they weren’t available for ages, but the new distributer seems to have the act sorted.

simonjj
    Free Member

Really pleased with mine, much better fit for me than my 661 Recon, Exposure Joystick fits no problem with the right mount.

vondally
    Free Member

bought one as for the summer this year the endomatic was too hot the AM is brilliant, enough vents and fit me really well, the vents do seem to draw the air in so cool enough

stomlinson
    Free Member

I am happy with mine too the only thing that niggles me about it is that I find it hard to scratch my head through the vents.

fathomer

Thanks for the replies, just ordered one.

stomlinson – Member

I find it hard to scratch my head through the vents.
    I always find the itch is where the vent isn’t.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Urge All Mountain’ is closed to new replies.