Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 1,380 total)
  • Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders
  • rascal
    Free Member

If only 🙁

asbrooks

Count me out tonight guys. No amount of stretching is easing up my back. Hopefully it’ll ease enough to get out for a spin at the weekend. If that’s the case then I’ll see you next week.
    Have a good one tonight chaps!

fatbob44

I will be there tonight, work has got in the way past couple of weeks.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Smashing ride chaps, really enjoyed that (once i’d found my keys). It’s so silly that nearly all stuff we rode was cheeky. Was great to get the fatty properly airborne too 🙂

Agreeable evening in the pub just finished it off nicely

dannyh
    Free Member

Great ride last night fellas – those two pints just rounded off a cracking evening. Plenty of fluids have been the order of the day for me today, but at least it stopped me sitting around and moping about the whole house move thing.

scandal42
    Free Member

Top evening all round,

I can confirm that bike maintenance in the office is indeed frowned upon, although not as much as some of the stuff that occurs in Danny’s place by the sounds of it.

asbrooks

Typical 😯

Glad you had a good one last night gents.. I’m moving around a little easier, so fingers cross for next week when we have heavy rain..

mrbelowski
    Free Member

No way I’ll be able to make Wednesday’s ride – clare’s away so i got both the kids 🙁

scandal42
    Free Member

Bring them along, they can carry the keys.

everyone
    Free Member

I may be becoming rather more regular to these since I’ve just secured a job in Loughborough.

dannyh
    Free Member

Right then, you ‘orrible lot.

Who is up for tomorrow evening?

I am pretty certain I am going to make it. I’ve got ahead of myself at work and my wife (gawd bless her) has said I can come out to play in spite of her having to move house herself on Friday.

I’ve also got a bit of a random route in mind, one that takes in a fair bit we haven’t done before. It won’t be very technical, but should add some variety. I didn’t make it out at the weekend owing to a filthy cold, so you may have to humour me a bit, but if you don’t mind, then I sure as hell don’t!

7pm Man Within Compass Whitwick. Ready to ride at 7 if at all possible.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Sounds interesting but I can’t play tomorrow 🙁

scandal42
    Free Member

I Will let you know tomorrow as I picked up a knee injury at the marathon on Sunday that has been giving me some issues.

jez130
    Free Member

I’ll be there. At Home for a few weeks. Be interesting to c what u have got planned.

dannyh
    Free Member

Strangely enough scandal, my knee is also giving me some gyp, god knows why as I haven’t ridden since last Wednesday.

Grit your teeth and get there for seven, young man.

fatbob44

I will be there (with a wonky knee)

asbrooks

I’m not coming out to play tonight, stuff is just getting in the way! 🙁
    If it all gets sorted at the weekend, I can come out next week.

Looks like it’s going to be a good evening weather wise and with Danny’s new route it should be an enjoyable ride. Have a good one chaps!

scandal42
    Free Member

Not looking likely if I’m honest Danny, still giving me a fair amount of bother unfortunately.

Shame as the weekend in Shropshire really got me gunning for as much riding as possible.

Need to keep my eye on this knee as it’s the same one that got badgered.

rascal
    Free Member

it’s the same one that got badgered.

😀 😀 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

We had a nice ride last night – my ‘new bit’ involved heading out towards ‘Sheppy’ and riding back over the bridleway around Lubcloud Farm.

Done just for variety, I knew that this particular bridleway descent on the far side is not satisfactory given the preceding climb – even more so when there is a herd of calves in the way.

Still it was a nice evening for a ride, and we still managed a good run down through Cademan and Gracedieu. We were done by 9-15pm and supping a pint about 30 seconds later.

Big thanks to Jez and Bob for making it out – but more particularly for putting up with my sweating and snotting (even more than usual owing to my cold) and my general slow pace.

There is a very slim chance I will make it out next week, but it is very slim.

I guess the meet ought to be Woodhouse Eaves Village Car Park next Wednesday (10th) at 7pm????

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Wednesday is the 9th, fool :). I think I’ ll be there

rascal
    Free Member

Would love to be there but not even had first physio sesh yet…I’m booked in but it is the NHS so my leg might have fallen off by then. Really missing it. Went to garage just to remind myself what my bikes looked like last night. Consoling myself tonight by fixing not 1, but 3 punctured tubes and maybe changing rear pads as they weren’t great last time I used it – rock and roll! \m/
    Hope the move goes ok Danielson – technically you’ll be even closer to the Curzon now 😉

jez130
    Free Member

Good ride last night. Arms covered in cuts and legs burning all night from the nettles. Even got asked if I was self harming today because of all the cuts i got from the overgrown thornes.

Should be there next week.

dannyh
    Free Member

Alright?

The house move has happened (cue fireworks and popping of champagne corks).

Now, if I totally break myself at work for the rest of the week I would say there is a 75% chance of me making it out tomorrow evening – so who else is up for it?

7pm Woodhouse Eaves Village car park if anyone is interested – it will be the last time I can be out for a couple of weeks as we are going on hols on Saturday, so it would be good to make it out!

See you then?

P.S. No broadband at home at the minute, so can only read posts on here whilst at work…….

rascal
    Free Member

Glad the move went ok.
    Literally just found out my first physio is this Thurs so will have an idea of how long I’ll be off the bike then.
    So that’s a nope from me…again 😕

scandal42
    Free Member

I am currently 50/50 to be honest.

Not been on the bike since the Marathon due to what I believe may be Iliotibial Band Syndrome.

Having said that, it seems a bit better today so I’ll see how I go.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Congratulations on the move fella 🙂

I’ll be out tomorrow, should be an agreeable evening for it

asbrooks

Many congrats on your move Danny!

I should be OK to play tomorrow evening. Currently it’s looking positive, fingers crossed…

fathomer

Nice one Danny.

I’m hoping to make it tomorrow, my once every three months appearance!

On another note, can anyone recommend somewhere local to get a wheel looked at? After a couple of years a couple of spokes keep coming loose. Stans rim if it makes any difference.

scandal42
    Free Member

Schmiken (sp)

rascal
    Free Member

What Matt said.
    Schmiken (L’boro) is good – if he’s not up to his elbows in shitty nappies that is 😉

jez130
    Free Member

I will hopefully be there aswell

asbrooks

Well what do you know! I can’t make it tomorrow eve! 😥 Not happy!! Also wont be out for a couple weeks. I’m on parental duties for the next two weeks. Hopefully I’ll be up in Filey camping with my daughter for a week. We’ll be taking the bikes but it’ll be gentle going though!
    Hopefully I’ll see you all at the end of the month……

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Any other takers? Weather’s looking good, bit of rain yesterday should have glued all the trails back together and maybe even washed away some of the dog shit build up

schmiken

I am up to my elbows, but I’ve still got time to look at a wheel fathomer! Email in profile 🙂

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Smashin’ ride chaps, really enjoyed that. Was a bit ‘incident packed’ though 🙂

pryth
    Free Member

Most enjoyable as usual. Great to see some of the usual trails in top condition. Still pee’d off that I bottled ‘the drop’ again. Next time…

dannyh
    Free Member

Yes – really good ride last night – even though I was the token unfit one sweating and snotting at the back.

Responsibility for next week’s ride falls to Rob or Matt to sort as it is on their ‘manor’ and I’ll be sipping a cold Kronenbourg somewhere on the Atlantic cost, en France (as they say ‘sur le continent’). Mange tout, mange tout – oh, chateauneuf du pape as Del Boy would have said.

Au revoir.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Bastardos. I’ll be in stinky Wales next week listening to the kids fight, watching the rain lash down while drinking piss and vomit. Or something 🙁

rascal
    Free Member

Oi Lowski…’stinky’ Wales?? Wash your mouth out young man!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 1,380 total)

The topic ‘Whitwick / Coalville / NW Leicestershire Riders’ is closed to new replies.