Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Uppy downy seatposts
  • duntstick
    Free Member

Will these things ever be adopted by the xc race crowd or are they just too heavy.

I was watching the Dalby race and it looked like they may have come in handy.

As courses become rougher/more fun/interesting (can't bring myself to use the word 'technical') an extra 300 grams or so can't be all that bad surely?

bol

Might be useful to some of the ones who freak out at the sight of a bomb hole.

There have been a few races where I would have liked my saddle to get out of the way quickly – but then I'm neither a particularly fast or skilled racer. I can't imagine the top level guys ever putting up with the extra weight.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

If they take the springs off the quick release to save weight, they aren't going to run a 300g heavier seatpost.

chakaping
    Free Member

If they take the springs off the quick release to save weight, they aren't going to run a 300g heavier seatpost.

Agreed.

On a tangent though, does anybody make those QR springs in ti? Could be a gap in the market there!

kiwijohn

After watching the world champs in Canberra, the top riders have got the skills to ride the technical stuff with their seat right up. On a Scale LTD you don't have a choice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Uppy downy seatposts’ is closed to new replies.