• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Uploading from Garmin Connect to Strava
  • slowclimb
    Free Member

I’ve finally got round to getting a Garmin 810 and I think I’ve got Garmin Connect set up, could anybody help and let me know how I now get that data to upload automatically to Strava? 😳

wwaswas

plug Garmin into PC, login to Strava & hit the upload button.

It’#ll pick up anything on the device and as you already have the garmin upload tool it shoudlnt; need any more code installed.

slowclimb
    Free Member

Is there no way of doing it without plugging it into the PC?

euain

Something like: http://www.copymysports.com

Not used it though. There may be others about.

pete68
    Free Member

Use the garmin connect appto send any uploads to garmin. Then I use tapiriik to sync garmin to strava. Works very well.

DaleyExpress
    Free Member

I use tapiriik.com to sync up Strava, Runkeeper and Garmin Connect

Works very well, and if you follow them on twitter you know of any issues.

Nick

One to do Strava and Endomondo would be good…

richardk
    Free Member

DC Rainmaker has the answers as always

slowclimb
    Free Member

Magic, cheers chaps!
    I knew singletrack wouldnt let me down 😀

roverpig

Is there any way to go the other way? I tend to connect my Garmin 800 to the PC and upload to Strava first (as it has better features for post ride navel gazing). But I’d like to keep a copy in Garmin Connect too (just in case Strava or changes in some way I don’t like). So, I’d like an automated way to copy from Strava to Garmin Connect.

P20

I use the very temperamental iPhone app to upload via Bluetooth to garmin. Download the GPX to a file app and email it to strava all on the phone. The weak link is the garmin app. I’ve used copymysports, but that was also hit and miss

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

with that tapirik do you have to do anything after a ride? like log into the website?

there is an option for automatically sync if you pay

but if you didnt pay how does it load your ride up from garmin connect > strava after a ride???

pete68
    Free Member

I log on to tapiriik each time and just click on sync. Haven’t paid for the automatic sync so don’t know what you have to do. The free version works so well I can’t see me doing so either

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Ah right that answers my question then you just log on the site and click sync , that’s still way quicker and easier than the way I currently do it, cheers

Nick

If you’ve got to log onto another website, you might as well log onto the one you want to copy the data to and upload it directly.

I suppose if you wanted to copy to two other sites it makes sense, but with no support for Endomondo I’m out.

pete68
    Free Member

@nick, you’d have to connect the garmin unit to do that. The op was asking for ways of uploading to strava without connecting to the pc.Using tapiriik and the garmin app means you can upload using bluetooth only.

MSP

It sounds like tapirik will support endomondo soon.

Nick

@Pete88 with the 310XT it normally uploads while I wash my bike outside to Garmin Connect, via ANT+ wirelessly, I then go into Strava and it uploads into that almost automatically, I then periodically upload my history from the Garmin into Endomondo before clearing it down.

Only time I go onto Garmin Connect is to download the gpx of a route.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Uploading from Garmin Connect to Strava’ is closed to new replies.