Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Upcoming Gigs…
  • clubber
    Free Member

Take That at the end of May. Awesome.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Don’t go to the arena STR – it’s at Don Valley Bowl!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Nothing much in the next couple of months but seeing Simple Minds (Mrs Feet wants to see them) at Thetford Forest in June followed a few days later by Cinderella at Shepherds Bush – Really looking forward to that. Big hair 80’s metal. Bring it on!!!

StuF

Elbow – last night (ok so not up and coming) – lived up to and exceeded expectations – they were fantastic, brilliantly beautiful songs. Guy knows how to bring the audience to life and seems like a really nice bloke on top of being a fantastically talented musician

RustySpanner

The Enid at Bury at the end of the month.

Go and see Three Bonzos and a Piano if you get the chance.
    Like Vic Reeves Big Night Out but with better tunes.
    Best gig I’ve seen in ages.

yoshimi

Flaming Lips / British Sea Power / OK GO @ Jodrell Bank, Cheshire

They’ll be using the big dish as a projection screeen

As my user name suggest, can’t wait for this one 😀 😀 😀

toby1

I usually have a lot of respect for this forum, but not one mention of the Rival Schools gig in April, you are all dammed, dammed I tell thee!

Spongebob
    Free Member

IOW Festival starting June 9th. 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Go and see Three Bonzos and a Piano if you get the chance

Neil Innes Bonzos?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

#
    toby1 – Member

I usually have a lot of respect for this forum, but not one mention of the Rival Schools gig in April, you are all dammed, dammed I tell thee!
    Posted 7 minutes ago # Report-Post

I saw them twice circa United by Fate, if that’s any consolation?

New album sounds great.

I’ve also seen Gorilla Biscuits, CIV, Quicksand and Walking Concert…I’m a Walter Schreifels fanboy 😛

WillH

The Foos playing in Auckland to support Chch this weekend, but the wife is in the club so I’ll be in the bad books if I abandon her… grrr life suks sometimes. Still, got it easy compared to many Cantabrians so will still happily pay over the odds for a ticket I won’t get 🙂

RustySpanner

Lifer,

It’s Rodney Slater, Sam Spoons & Roger Ruskin Spear.

All the well known tunes and two hours of anarchy.
    The leg shaped theremin, the trouser press and the crap robots are all there too 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone seen La Shark?

If not, you should. Unforgettable.

staralfur
    Free Member

30th March – The Frames in Dublin
    31st March – Elbow, also in Dublin
    15th April – Josh Ritter, Dublin AGAIN
    Then the big one, 24th May – Roger Waters in… you guessed it, Dublin.

debaser

Rival Schools did get a mention earlier on toby1.

Double header with And you will know us by the trail of dead at the Garage in Glasgow.

I am very excited indeed.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

I saw them twice circa United by Fate, if that’s any consolation?

New album sounds great.

I’ve also seen Gorilla Biscuits, CIV, Quicksand and Walking Concert…I’m a Walter Schreifels fanboy

add Youth of Today to that list (walter played bass) and that’d be me!

although i was a bit underwhelmed by Rival Schools, thought their songs (back at that first time they played over here) were like quicksand songs that never quite got going, but the new LP is pretty good though. pity it’s a week before descendents in london and i’m probably gonna lose my job in the next month so i can’t afford both, and have already got descendents tickets/hotel etc sorted.

toby1

bravohotel8er & debaser – redeemed 🙂

I went to see Walter play on his solo tour earlier this year, tiny pub so he was just chilling in the bar on his Macbook before the gig. It was awesome, Quicksand, Gorilla Biscuits and Rival Schools covers as well as his not too shabby solo work. Great night. And yeah I’m really enjoying the new album!

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

My friend has just informed me that we have tickets to Weezer on July 7th!

I haven’t seen them since Reading 1996. They pulled out of an entire UK tour in summer 2001 and Reading the same year I believe.

Obviously, things went badly wrong after Maladroit, although the most recent album is said to be a partial return to form.

Worth it just for the Blue/Pinkerton content and a smattering of tracks from Green/Maladroit and Red though IMHO. I just try and pretend that Make Believe and Raditude had never been recorded.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Upcoming Gigs…’ is closed to new replies.