Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Up24 – anyone got one? Thoughts?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

My difficult-to-buy-presents-for wife mentioned one of these the other day.

http://jawbone.com/store/buy/up24

Does anyone have one? Impressed? Good?

Cheers

McHamish
    Free Member

I’ve got one…had it for a couple of months.

Got a bit bored of it now (don’t tell my wife).

The sleep tracking is useful as I don’t sleep very well most nights, and it helps work out why I’m knackered in the morning when I think I got a good night’s sleep.

It has a vibrate alarm which I use – I get up an hour and half earlier than my wife, so this is better than a loud alarm. It also wakes me up when I’m ‘in light sleep’ in a 30 min window.

The sleep tracker is based on movement, so it’s not particularly scientific, but it’s not bad.

I might upgrade my Ambit and get the latest as this has activity tracking built in, but continue to use the up for sleep tracking and vibrate alarm.

atlaz
    Free Member

I quite like the look of the new fitbit devices and am probably going to get the Surge when it’s released as I don’t really do wristbands so a watch would be a bit better (plus has phone-based alerts etc).

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Got a bit bored of it now (don’t tell my wife).

I’m kind of worried my wife will get bored with it.

The problem is though, she’s so hard to buy for that as soon as she mentions she likes something, I jump on it.

hunta

My wife expressed an interest too to help understand her sleep patterns, so I picked one up for each of us (UP24). They’re pretty good at what they do, and the insight into sleep is especially useful – we found we both got more sleep just by trying to ensure we were in bed early enough to stand a chance of getting 7 hours.

Trouble is it takes about 2 weeks to establish everything you need to know, so unless you’re also using it as a running tracker it gets a bit pointless.

That said they’ve just announced a new version with heart-rate and bioimpedence sensors, which would be a lot more worthwhile. Further info via the Verge here. Bit late for us but might make the difference for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Up24 – anyone got one? Thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.