Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Unused bikes
  • JCornford

Does anyone have a bike, or bikes that they love but just don't use and can't force themselves to part with?

I've got a great hand made steel hardtail, a Keewee Progressor 24, only 11 in the world, rides really well, but I've only used it 2 or 3 times, yet I can't seem to force myself to part with it so it just sits there in the garage being unused. Am I the only one doing this, or do you all use your 5 or more bikes?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If I don't use 'em, I sell 'em.

I like bikes but hate to see them unused. Same as cars or motorbikes. They should be USED PROPERLY.

And when you sell one, you can get another! 🙂

z1ppy

um kinda, I'm not selling it cause I'll never get what it's worth to me, and no ones getting it as a bargain from me!
    (though I am getting rid of a couple of frames for free in the classifieds that I don't love)

Chris-S
    Free Member

I have a nice 2008 Trek Fuel EX8 collecting dust.

I built up an SS in March for a fraction of the cost of the EX and just haven't used it since!!
    I keep on telling myself I will have a use for it one day on some epic adventure – so I wont be letting it go any time soon !

JCornford

I am tempted to cull the collection at the moment, rather unwillingly but it makes sense.

james
    Free Member

Chris S, sounds like you need to find some steep(er) hills with some nice techy and some super fast descents ..

I find I don't use my rigid (geared) bike very much anymore. I used to commute with it, but only really use it now when I haven't fixed the hardtail back to being useable
    The hardtail only gets ridden when the full suss would be more of a chore, though that seems to be less and less often

For some reason I've bought me a small jumpy/play frame to build up into a 'winter singlespeed', so I'll see how my bike use goes after that

ourmaninthenorth

Don't get a massive amount of use out of either of my mountain bikes (a 1992 Lava Dome and a 2004 Soul), but they're good bikes and I enjoy riding them when I do.

No such thing as too many bikes, just not enough space to store them..!

mamadirt
    Free Member

I'd never sell the lil red 'bred (my name has been lacquered over anyway 🙄 ). It currently lives on the kitchen wall but has been through many incarnations . . . I'm sure it'll be rebuilt sometime when funds and inclinations allow.

MoreCashThanDash

I have a very hard wife – if it doesn't get used it gets sold

*remembers Santa Cruz Blur. Sobs*

pinches
    Free Member

i have an XC race bike and a 4x race bike currently and nothing in between. i go through fits and starts of using one more than the other, example:

I was at uni last year and used my XC bike for training/commuting and raced it once.

where as i was out on the intense regularly, 4 days during the week for a few hours and then full weekends riding

Now, its quite different, moved house for work, terrains different, not riden the intense properly for months, ride the on one most days.

i refuse to sell the intense. I really enjoy riding it when i get the chance, and no ones willing to pay me what i want for it, so i'd rather keep it, and buy an AM bike to fit in the middle 😆

VassagoJay
    Free Member

Yep, I've got these in my garage at the minute

Ti Pipedream – use when I get a chance
    853 Inbred – not used in 6 months
    Love/Hate – not used in 3 months
    Vassago Jabberwocky 29er – not used in 3 months
    Giant XTC – not used in over a year
    Fuji CX – not used in a year
    Boardman pro road bike – not used for 2 months
    Corretec Road bike – used once about 3 months ago
    Old Giant TCR – used once since i built it.

I hate selling bikes in case i regret it, stupid i know but after selling my Morning Glory i reall regretted it.

I Think i'll have to take the plunge soon and start selling again 🙁

bland

Thats really strange, as per 1st post. I also have a Keewee, its teh stealth (jump bike), was the first batch to come into the UK and even though all it needs is forks on it i just never get round to it and cant face selling it as ill get pennies for it!

bland

VassagoJay – Thats just greedy and you are either very single or have a very "understanding" mrs!

davidpurvis
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but on the same lines, while replacing my car brake disks at my father-in-law's garage we found his Suzuki Katana motorbike that he's had since the 80's and forgot he owned!

He's a bit of a Wesley off Last of The Summer Wine type with loads of engineering stuff he "inherited" from his workplaces before he retired and it was behind some of them. He's been refurbishing a Fiat X1/9 for the past 13 years and finally got it back on the road this year. Well, I think he's found his next project!

lyons
    Free Member

bland, buy my argyles and you can use it!

VassagoJay
    Free Member

Bland, I have got a very understanding wife 🙂 saying that, she is starting to hassle me a bit now !! I've got 2 little uns so the more space in the garage the better

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Unused bikes’ is closed to new replies.