Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Unimportant things that REALLY get your goat
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

For me it’s going to a petrol station and finding people queing, often for 5-10 mins, just so they can use a pump the same side as their fuel cap, despite the fact the opposite pump is free.

Why not just pull the hose round the back of the car????

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I tried to do this once (pull the hose round the back of the car) and I couldn’t make it reach! I drove away with no petrol, too embarrassed to go round again 😳

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The hose from my Henry was getting my goat this afternoon.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Sure it wasn’t choking your chicken DD?

LoCo
    Free Member

The bit of dirt that gets stuck between the air valve and the adjuster eyelet on Fox rear shock (floats) 👿

CaptJon
    Free Member

When groups of people walk 3 or 4 abreast along the street, taking up all the pavement, and none of them think of moving across slightly so other people walking in the opposite direction can pass. It is worse then buggies and prams are involved.

LoCo
    Free Member

@capt you need a bigger pram, watch them scatter as junior loco’s ‘rig’ rolls towards them 😆

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

or when people just stroll across the round in rush hour like its a footpath

chakaping
    Free Member

I think I may have started a similar thread about this previously, but people who leave their engines running while stopped at level crossings MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sure it wasn’t choking your chicken DD?

I’ve just thrown your coat at you. Get out!

emma82
    Free Member

people who hold hands and take up the whole pavement. I’m a miserable old cow though, I usually just bust through the middle of them. My husband wont hold my hand in public so I’m bitter. If I can’t have it, no-one should 👿

phiiiiil

People who double click on links in web browsers. You only have to do it once, stop it!

brakes
    Free Member

goat hunters

crazy-legs

People who sit in traffic with their foot on the brake pedal, dazzling everyone behind with their brake lights.

Yes, it’s a lovely array of super-bright LEDs Mr BMW Man, now PUT THE **** HANDBRAKE ON!!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

People who write ‘should of’ instead of ‘should have’.
    Apostrophes in the wrong places or missing.
    I could keep going, but I think you get the idea.

Pedant? Moi? Hell, yes!

zippykona

When traffic goes from 2 lanes to 1 I always leave a gap for a car in front of me. If everyone did this there wouldn’t be a queue. Does anyone ever go in my lovely gap ( ooer missus) no. They go as far as they can till they have to stop and then have to force their way into the nearside lane. Killing is too good for them.

Bregante

People (specifically my sister in law) who says “Can I get a vodka tonic?”

It’s “Could I HAVE a vodka AND tonic” you pretentious halfwit. Just because you live in that London you think it’s much cooler to speak like some hooray Henrietta!

You’re from bloooooddddy Birkenhead you jumped up little cow!!!

Aaaaaaaggggghhhhhh gggrgrrhnrnr.

And breathe…..

And breathe….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s niche, not nitch you idiotic American!

ton

wendyball. 😀

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Walking down a busy pedestrian street and wanting to punch people in the back of the head because they are walking SOO SLOW!!!!!!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

People that type “whether” instead of “weather”… unless it was just my ex.

People who get mixed up with their, there, they’re.

MarkyG82

On the subject of vocabulary:

People who dont know the difference between ‘then’ and ‘than’. Really? They are two different words FFS!!

Kryton57

There’s a guy at work that waves his arms about a lot when talking. Thing is, he does it with his elbows pinned to his sides.

Annoys me a lot, but i dont know why.

iDave
    Free Member

economists

flight pricing algorithms

stgeorge

Could I HAVE a vodka AND tonic

No its not, its “May I have a Vodka and Tonic please”

😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Not being confrontational with the posters above, but I get a bit wound up when people criticise strangers’ spelling, grammar and punctuation on the internet.

OK, some people didn’t pay as much attention during English as you – but you wouldn’t pick them up on it if they used the wrong word in real life and if somebody has a problem like dyslexia then they probably don’t need you making them feel bad about it.

project
    Free Member

People who want let a thread die,

Motorists who dont indicate,

motorists who smoke while driving,

cyclists with no lights,

Threads over 5 pages long,

people who are so jkeen on punktuationing other peeples sentances

Bregante

Could I HAVE a vodka AND tonic
    No its not, its “May I have a Vodka and Tonic please”

🙂
    It could be many things, just not “could I get a vodka tonic”

Oh you’ve set me off again now…….

Kryton57

chakaping – Member
    Not being confrontational with the posters above, but I get a bit wound up when people criticise strangers’ spelling, grammar and punctuation on the internet.

OK, some people didn’t pay as much attention during English as you – but you wouldn’t pick them up on it if they used the wrong word in real life and if somebody has a problem like dyslexia then they probably don’t need you making them feel bad about it.

That last sentence could do with breaking up with a comma after “life” tbh. 😉

MarkyG82

@Chakaping

I hear you. Totally get it but I got a D @ GCSE english. I crap and I know it. There is one thing getting spelling wrong, or confusing things, I understand that more than many (GF is a special needs teacher). But then/than is such a fundamental thing that it gets my goat. Sorry if it offends.

kayak23

Folk who don’t know their loose from their lose.

Espresso said or spelled out as Expresso.

people who say soya sauce, its soy sauce damn you!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Makes me wonder – do people in other (non-English speaking) countries make similar mistakes with their written language?

druidh
    Free Member

People who post a “look at me” thread when deciding not to visit a forum anymore.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bregante – Member
    People (specifically my sister in law) who says “Can I get a vodka tonic?”

It’s “Could I HAVE a vodka AND tonic” you pretentious halfwit. Just because you live in that London you think it’s much cooler to speak like some hooray Henrietta!

You’re from bloooooddddy Birkenhead you jumped up little cow!!!

Couldn’t agree more, my brother-in-law does this and he’s a half breed scouser 😆

Another thing that annoys me is people who feel the need to flounce around when they’re giving a speech/talk, stay still numpties it’s not an audition for Priscilla Queen of the Desert

chakaping
    Free Member

I think the “can I get a” thing is mainly people who watch too much American TV.

HermanShake
    Free Member

All of the little things that annoy me are important. Therefore I have nothing for this thread.

Wait a sec; people’s shoelaces laced in different patterns by accident. There, I have one. I can see the smallness of this.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Makes me wonder – do people in other (non-English speaking) countries make similar mistakes with their written language?

I’ve heard the English language is one of the hardest to learn because of all the different grammer changes.

Not sure about that though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

People who walk with children or a pushchair smoking a fag in front if their child.
    Women who speak like blokes and call their female friends “mate” all the time.
    Parents who insist on driving their spawn to school and park up in the teacher’s car park. DESPITE being told by the school not to!

I could go on….

mattmbk
    Free Member

Anybody who wears a vest in public. Unless involved in an amateur boxing bout.

kaiser
    Free Member

calling girls and boys or men and women “GUYS”
    saying Pacific instead of specific.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Unimportant things that REALLY get your goat’ is closed to new replies.