Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Unimportant things that REALLY get your goat
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

People who dont know the difference between ‘then’ and ‘than’. Really? They are two different words FFS!!

I’ve noticed that aswell, seen it alot. Now then, on the subject of ‘aswell’ and ‘alot’. I’m sure when I was learning English at school, they were part of the English language, but always get spell checked as wrong (I’m even so convinced as to check I’m on English:English not American:English). Am I just confused, did/have they never existed as words?.

keswiki
    Free Member

People who eat with their mouth open 👿

poly
    Free Member

Banana – no the education system has failed you!

RobHilton
    Free Member

People who eat with their mouth open

Too right! I blame the parents.

Not mad keen on mouth breathers either.

Crell
    Free Member

People who throw litter (especially cigarettes) out of car windows. 👿

monkey_boy
    Free Member

For me it’s going to a petrol station and finding people queing, often for 5-10 mins, just so they can use a pump the same side as their fuel cap, despite the fact the opposite pump is free.

Why not just pull the hose round the back of the car????

this is one of the biggest for me, i love the psycology of it WHY dont people do it?

1 – Fear of it not reaching?

2 – Lazyness?

3 – Stupidity?

what do they think when they see somebody filling up on the opposite side? “look at that idiot>”

it honestly baffles me?!!

my second are people who take ages at cashpoints! further to this, people who have 3 cards, then put each one in to see how much they have on each one, then put them back in again to take cash out. they really should have lasers that come out and cut people head off if they take longer than 15 seconds.

third, people who wait behind parked cars and let oncoming cars through WHEN YOU COULD DRIVE A F*CKING BUSS THROUGH!!!!!! but when they do pull out, the pull out so far into the other lane the oncoming cars have to swerve!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Weetabix crumbs and Tandem Jeremy.

Recently, when people say ‘I had my car drugged from the snow’.

Or ‘I am doing good’

RobHilton
    Free Member

People talking whilst University Challenge is on when they’re not answering questions.

Especially annoying when they then ask “what was the question?” – making me miss the answer or next question.

For that reason I’ve started to watch it on iplayer when there’s noone around- speaking of which I’m gonna watch Monday’s right now…

Bregante

Eh?

cheers_drive

OP – The pump thing is stupid but not annoying as it then leaves a pump free for me to use. I don’t get why they don’t notice me stretching the hose across and think ‘oh how silly of me I’ll do that next time instead of waiting 5 minutes’.
    What really get my goat is people with no awareness: those who stop and talk in the middle of a trail, people walking 3-4 abreast down a pavement, the stupid bint who stoppped in the middle of the narrow pavement to text her mate effectively blocking it for everyone…

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I actually saw someone today do a full loop of the forecourt and drive in the opposite direction to all the other cars just to achieve hose/fuel cap syncrony. People mentioning incoorect grammar has also caused my bile to rise with regards to descending spiral that is ‘youth’ using ‘text speak’ on written documents; I read some CVs today and gently wept at the fact they had an A in GCSE English

dawson

People that say 123 spot 45, instead of 123 point 45 or even £123 and 45 pence – why? (though this may be severely localized issue in the office where I work…)

kevj
    Free Member

FFS, where do I start.

People who don’t indicate.
    People who drive in the right hand lane even though they are not overtaking and the inside lanes are free.
    Parents who stop at crossings waiting for the lights to change, yet have their child in the pushchair on the road. Step back a bit. Please.
    The lazy Twunt who sits near me at work.
    People who ask for help on forums before they Google said problem.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I’m pretty much in agreement with everything said so far though I expect this reflect the fact I work in the field and through the day have no company other than the car radio and clients I don’t really know so can only brood rather than offload in little steps.

Keep them coming as I’m feeling far better about my descent into grumpiness.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve had a think about this and decided I’m a fairly chilled person compared to you lot, relax!. I think the only thing that really pisses me off sometimes is myself and my limitations.

Eh?

Oops got a little confused typing that, should say ‘drug from the snow’

grantway
    Free Member

People that dither

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

People who post a “look at me” thread when deciding not to visit a forum anymore.

People who make a thread out to be ‘attention seeking’ when in fact it’s not, and instead merely expressing dissatisfaction with knobbish forum behaviour….

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Unimportant things that REALLY get your goat’ is closed to new replies.