Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Unicycle Trials
  • warpcow
    Free Member

Unicycle Trials?

Something about it looks un-naturally easy. The bruises I got last time I tried one would beg to differ though.

joemarshall
    Free Member

The trick he does at 2:15 is certainly unnatural (the ‘max whip’). Totally impossible as far as I can tell, and I’m quite a good unicyclist (although I suck at trials). A massively high jump, whilst grabbing the wheel round, spinning it right upside down underneath him and then getting back and landing on the pedals. That’d be a hard trick on a bike*, let alone without the added momentum that you get by being able to freewheel on a bike.

In some ways I think it is easier than bike trials, less to think about, but it is a lot harder to go as high, as all the height comes from your legs, and landing is also harder, as you can’t go back wheel / front wheel first. Oh and not much extra momentum/speed from freewheeling on downhills.

The hard thing is that learning to ride a unicycle is just as hard as learning to ride a bike – people think it is hard, because they don’t remember how hard it was to learn to ride their bike without stabilisers for the first time years ago when they were kids.

Joe
    *Can people do ‘underneath whips’ like that on bikes?

phiiiiil

I reckon learning to just bounce up and down on a unicycle is easier than learning to actually ride it properly; it’s just like a pogo stick where you have to be a bit more careful about weight distribution between your feet.

I used to do a lot of unicycle trials, but I feel too old to getting disapproving looks from sessioning the local walls, steps and drops now… 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Unicycle Trials’ is closed to new replies.