Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Uncle in care home & staff 'issue' dilemma!
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

the care worker will get youre father to order a check book

My father, who died 9 years ago? That one?

Actually I have lied a bit come to that. My ‘Uncle’ actually isn’t my uncle at all, I just call him that.

He’s my (deceased) fathers cousin, so therefore my 1/2 cousin but since I was a little kid He’s always been Uncle Frank. (same name as my Dad & their mum’s were identical twins with the same birthday as me, 22 August.
    apologies if thats confused you some more jumpyup&downy.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

fraud happens all the time as people are to stupid to realise how it happens… but you will cry to some one like me when you lose all ur cash and want it back. take the piss all you want but some one wants this mans money and they will get it if strong actions arnt taken! Infact if the bank were to find out the carefree attitude towards access to there account they well may close the Ac to remove risk from the bank.

RustySpanner

TJ.

We’re obviously using different terminology, hence the confusion 😀

Where I work, only the managers of the home or of the company providing care have access to any kind of financial information regarding the client.

A care file is different – a file that is referred to by all carers attending a client.
    This file details the clients mental, physical, personal and psychological needs, along with the medication they take, personal and family details and any other relevant background info.

In fact, pretty much everything apart from the financial details 🙂

I assume it’s a Scots/English thing, apologies for any misunderstanding on my part.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

#bouncingoffthewalls

HermanShake
    Free Member

Sorry, I can’t be fannied to read the responses… I’m a careworker and that situation is financial abuse. There is a lot of legislation that defines this as such and there is a lot you can do.

Get in touch with the CQC H E R E and explain the situation.

This is the kind of situation you are given when training in working with those “at risk” (previously known as vulnerable adults).

Chat to the manager AFTER you have spoken to CQC and have learned exactly how many ways this is in breach of policy and it will be resolved. Knowledge is key here, they don’t have a leg to stand on.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Although I’m beginning to think…

#obvioustrollisobvious

Anyone with me?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Darcy, I don’t blame you for thinking that at this stage TBH. I think Jumpy’s turned it into one though!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not @ you essel! 😯

nealglover
    Free Member

#obvioustrollisobvious

I would tend to agree.

But I think jumpyupanddownystampyfeety is actually for real, and just a complete nutjob.

(maybe works as a cleaner in a bank ??)

aracer
    Free Member

fraud happens all the time as people are to stupid to realise how it happens… but you will cry to some one like me when you lose all ur cash and want it back.

The wonderful thing is, the way the system works, if there has been fraud the bank gives you your money back. Essel’s uncle has all the money he started with, jumpy gets a smaller bonus due to the money the bank’s just lost. Win, win.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ah, a hijack Troll!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XxshEdcfAM[/video]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Update!
    Reported to management of the care home who took it very very seriously. It now transpires that the carer also worked at the home he was previously in before it closed & had known & cared for him for some years (night staff, so I’d never met her)so my uncle knew her fairly well. She is currently under investigation by management & social services but it sounds like uncle has been a bit naughty & that this carer had no idea what he was up to & had obtained her sons address on the pretence of sending a bliddy Xmas card! However, I had a good chat with the manager of the home today who will be getting to the bottom of it all one way or another.
    On a sadder note, uncle was rushed into hospital this morning with a serious chest infection & currently isn’t well at all. 🙁
    Again, thanks to TJ & everyone for their input.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Uncle in care home & staff 'issue' dilemma!’ is closed to new replies.