Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • uh oh! the gears are off (29er content)
  • rOcKeTdOg

just to make the local trails more "interesting"

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

8)

tazzymtb

lovely looking bike spoiled by the most gumpy looking pedals. Are they for orthopedic spd's for riders with club feet and slumped hips? 😀

rOcKeTdOg

possibly tazzy, but i perfer to say i need them that wide to cope with the massive amounts of power my thighs generate….*coughs*

rOcKeTdOg

can't believe there's no comments about the garden!

adeward
    Free Member

must be time to pull the alfine off preston, ready for ssuk beware he bites

epicsteve
    Free Member

That would be a nice looking bike if it wasn't for:
    – the clown wheels
    – the white bits
    – downhill pedals on what's clearly a shopping/pub bike
    – the saddle height making it look like the rider bought the wrong size frame
    – the bit of steerer sticking up above the stem.

I like the colour though.

rOcKeTdOg

🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I like that, seat post could do with a bit more extension though.

White bits look cool but result in you having the ride fast, all the time.

willard

What the hell is with the bottle cage? Is that so you can safely store your Pimms whilst dawdling along the towpath?

Oh, and your lawn needs a bit of edging work done. Come on man… Standards

ctznsmith
    Free Member

More seatpost showing than on my singular (although I could raise mine a bit I think), short legs and a long body/monkey arms are a PITA when it comes to moutain bikes fitting! 😉

I like it…but then I own one. 🙂

epicyclo

A SIngular is like owning a nasty big dog. It becomes much better when you remove the dangly bits 🙂

Nice bike.

miketually
    Free Member

What the hell is with the bottle cage?

What's wrong with the bottle cage?

rOcKeTdOg

I can't be bothered with the faff of cleaning a bladder and hate having the weight on my back, so a bottle for local rides is excellent

miketually
    Free Member

Indeed. I have two bottle cages on my bike:

Daffy

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I can't be bothered with the faff of cleaning a bladder and hate having the weight on my back, so a bottle for local rides is excellent

+1

If I'm out for less than 2 hours a bottle and a £5 is all ya need*.

Nice bike….cept for the pedals 🙂

[EDIT] Mike has clearly taken it too far though…

rOcKeTdOg

mike is that a "spy shot" as it's covered in tape? 😉

matthewlhome
    Free Member

+1 for water bottles. Who needs a rucksack for 1hr rides?

miketually
    Free Member

+1 for water bottles. Who needs a rucksack for 1hr rides?

That was a ten hour ride 🙂

mike is that a "spy shot" as it's covered in tape?

No, that's cunningly disguising the fact that it's an Inbred. You'd never know 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

I left the bottle cage off my list as it's something I use myself on short rides and a couple of my bikes have them fitted.

I would have thought that, in keeping with the general bike set-up, something more tarty and pointless (a carbon bottle cage perhaps) would have been expected…

epicsteve
    Free Member

There are so many other things to complain about with that Inbred (bars, grips, tape, seatpack, saddle) that bottle cages would have been well down the list!

miketually
    Free Member

There are so many other things to complain about with that Inbred (bars, grips, tape, seatpack, saddle) that bottle cages would have been well down the list!

And I didn't even line up the valves and tyre logos!

The bars' sweep makes them super comfy, which makes them ace.

The grips are comfy and pink. Pink is ace, as is comfy. So, they're ace.

The tape is either functional (holds on the raggy bits of innertube that stop me cutting my knees on the cable guides) or is covering up logos (which was a joke). Not painful and funny, so ace.

The seatpack stops my spare tube and tools falling out of the space below my saddle. This is good, because it stops me losing them. So, it's ace.

The saddle is dead comfy, is unique, matches the grips and is made by my sponsor. So, it's ace.

I try not to worry too much about what internet forum people think about my bike, and just ride it instead 😉

BillOddie

Mike, is that Ribena in your bottle?

Harry_the_Spider

BillOddie – Member
    Mike, is that Ribena in your bottle?

It's pi55. He drinks MucOff which he describes as ace.

miketually
    Free Member

It's High5 Zero. Which is ace.

😉

rOcKeTdOg

I would have thought that, in keeping with the general bike set-up, something more tarty and pointless (a carbon bottle cage perhaps) would have been expected[/b]

The only bling thing on the bike is the Phil Wood EBB and that bottle cage, 12 year old retro roadie goodness

zaskar
    Free Member

Looks pretty good and a nice colour that fence.

Nice bike too.

epicyclo

miketually – Member
    …And I didn't even line up the valves and tyre logos!

There's a good practical reason for doing that, it's not something American hipsters invented.

When I were a lad, the old guy in the bike shop told me to do it so when I found the puncture in my tube I would know where to go looking in the tyre for the thing that caused it. Very useful when you're trying to repair a puncture in pouring rain under a dim gas street light 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

There's a good practical reason for doing that, it's not something American hipsters invented.

When I were a lad, the old guy in the bike shop told me to do it so when I found the puncture in my tube I would know where to go looking in the tyre for the thing that caused it. Very useful when you're trying to repair a puncture in pouring rain under a dim gas street light

😀

rOcKeTdOg

i just use the valve hole to line up tubes when looking for punctures

Starrman28
    Free Member

+++ for bottles & cages, I even carry a spare bottle in my back pack, those bladders are just too much faf!!

I think the bike looks nice………..apart from the pedals 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘uh oh! the gears are off (29er content)’ is closed to new replies.