Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tyres roughly equivalent to Nobby Nic front / Racing Ralph rear?
  • charliemort

I have generally used Nobby Nic front / Racing Ralph rear, but need some new tyres now. Anything to consider?

I am thinking Maxxis Ardent / Ikon, or WTB Bronson / Nano

thanks

jonnyrockymountain

Mountain king mark2 front x king rear ?

Kryton57

I’m tempted by the newer Bonty XR4/XR3/XR2 combo of two. I rate the XR4’s massively

bigbloke
    Free Member

Michelin wild GripR front Michelin Wild RaceR rear. You will be surprised by them i am.

DanW
    Free Member

Onza Ibex and Canis are a really nice combo. The Canis is like a RR but faster rolling and a much grippier compound and the Ibex is like a NN but actually with some grip. Well priced and very light too. The rubber compound stands out though.

lee170
    Free Member

I run an conti X-king up front and NN rear, x king is way better than a NN up front, in my opinion

dantsw13

For 3 season riding, X King both will be good. For a bit more gnar, try a smorgasbord front.

njee20
    Free Member

Why not a Nobby Nic/Racing Ralph…?

DanW
    Free Member

Why not a Nobby Nic/Racing Ralph…?

Good point 😀

I think if the conditions allow for a NN/RR combo then a Racing Ralph and Thunder Burt could be quite a bit faster and lighter but give away very little on grip. Maybe even size up and still save weight.

andyrm
    Free Member

Was going to suggest that Onza combination! Lightish, grippy, go up tubeless easily. And unlike Schwalbe, they have good strong sidewalls, so no risk of a torn tyre just because you gave it a funny look…..

njee20
    Free Member

Mum, Thunder Burts look interesting.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Rubber Queen front/X-King rear both protection black chili

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tyres roughly equivalent to Nobby Nic front / Racing Ralph rear?’ is closed to new replies.