Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • OS 10.9
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I though Quicksilver was no longer in development, and thus is no longer supported? Either way, I must also disagree with you here.

The code got made open source, and it has been forked and under development again.

http://qsapp.com/

danielgroves
    Free Member

Ah nice! Love to see software being opened up.

johndoh
    Free Member

This SSD issue – is it a case of if Mavericks installs without borking it then it’s fine?
    All working fine here since installing, downloaded the firmware tool but it won’t run as ‘unsupported on your system’.
    Would quite like to find out if it’s going to implode on me as it’s nearly 2 years old so warranty almost up!

There us a three year replacement plan on the SSD irrespective of warranty.

And as for apps – you do all know you can set what spaces they open in don’t you? Just open the application, drag it to the space you want then right click on the app shortcut in the dock and choose to ‘always open in this space’

footflaps

Look at the lauchpad icon in the dock, it’ll have a progress bar and if you hover over it it’ll tell you downloaded/total file size.

Well I think I’m downloading it, there is no progress bar and no indication in App Store that anything is happening. I did reboot and a small Icon appeared in the task bar (round with an X on it) and then promptly vanished completely….

The purchases section of App Store endlessly says ‘Download’ no matter how many times I click on it.

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t think the install is without issues. When I did it I rebooted and after logging in I had no dock and key inputs didn’t register. Hard reboot sorted it, but a bit disconcerting.

zokes
    Free Member

Rather offset by this though, surely:

No, I fail to see how Australian wages being higher than those in the US affects how much it costs to distribute apple hardware over here to the tune of 33%.

Anyway, prices for the UK are out now – looks like you’re being even more shafted than us.

footflaps

I don’t think the install is without issues. When I did it I rebooted and after logging in I had no dock and key inputs didn’t register. Hard reboot sorted it, but a bit disconcerting.

yep, mine seemed to start downloading after two more reboots. Left it running overnight but not had a look this am to see where its at.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Official government advice on software is to buy from outside Oz 🙁
    We track ours to the US$ anyway we actually pass on the savings when the Au$ is strong too!

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Out of interest do you use Alfred from the App store, or direct from the devs?

Rio

Downloaded it yesterday to my 2007 iMac with no issues. Strange goings on in the app store though – iPhoto didn’t appear on the “updates” list but on the app store page for iPhoto it let me install the latest version for free, whereas it seems to want me to pay £10 or so to update Pages. Garageband says it will install the latest version for free but the download keeps on failing.

Jamie
    Free Member

Out of interest do you use Alfred from the App store, or direct from the devs?

Direct from Devs. The version on the App Store is only 1.2, and current build is 2.1.

Also, the powerpack will always come from the devs, as it breaks Apples sandboxing rules, so is not allowed on the App Store.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Cheers Jamie. I have the App store version, but I’ll look at the dev version after I clean down and re-install.

Thanks for the links to the other apps. Used to be up on these sorts of things. Must be my age.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers Jamie. I have the App store version, but I’ll look at the dev version after I clean down and re-install.

The problem with having the MAS version is that you cannot update to the latest version. So you will have to bin it, and redownload from alfredapp.com.

grum
    Free Member

Ableton Live 9 and NI Massive plugin are working fine BTW.

zokes
    Free Member

Official government advice on software is to buy from outside Oz

I find it hard to believe that the new government has an opinion on anything it didn’t read on wikipedia first.

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouys attempts at updates for her Mac and My Air failed, in fact she baulked at the download time for her Mac and called Apple, they said “don’t download it, we’ve got a few issues our end, best wait a week or two”
    Excellent, you lot have the Beta versions… Phah 😆

mega
    Free Member

I think battery life on my macbook is up ~25%, this is the biggest plus from upgrading
    Also right clicking on the power icon show the app hogging most power which is useful on the road

keychain stored in cloud (didn’t we used to call that ‘online’?) is useful too

Jamie
    Free Member

“don’t download it, we’ve got a few issues our end, best wait a week or two”

I really do not believe that. Unless they were referring to the servers being hammered by people attempting to download the 5.5GB update.

AdamW
    Free Member

I have found two issues so far.

Logic Express 8 – the time line draws black when traversing the tracks. A refresh of window (minimize/maximize) fixes it but while the line is moving it blacks things out.

Two fingered swipe on windows sometimes stops. I think it’s when I try to backswipe a page on my trackpad – it sometimes freezes and everything works apart from the two-finger scrolling.

footflaps

I’ve updated 3 machines now, a 2-3 year old MBP, a 2 month old Macbook Air and a 3 year old iMac. For some reason the MBP took several hours to re-install (even though the progress bar said 39 minutes). The older iMac took about 30 mins. All the downloads were really slow and happened over night.

Only problem I’ve got so far is the Mail client will no longer connect to my email provider, but I’ve not had time to figure out why…..

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘OS 10.9’ is closed to new replies.