Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tyres: Eskar vs Minion/High Roller
  • dexterbexley
    Free Member

Just got a lovely new Enduro but having a bit of bother with the tyres and can't work out if its me or them…Has anyone found Specialized Eskar tyres to be really unpredictable (breaking away without notice, sketchy as hell in the wet) or do i just need to mtfu and get on with the job? Coming from Minion front and High Roller back and really tempted to stick with what I know.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

For me they are not good because of the extra volume…this makes the side knobs more on the top so they dont seem to dig in whilst cornering. Just put a 2.2 purgatory on the rear and its much better, much more similar to hr/min.

robdob
    Free Member

I love the Eskars and if they are in newish condition I'll buy them off you!!
    Some people love them, some people don't. Work well with medium pressures for me, but your riding style might not suit them.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Haha, rob you can buy mine if you want!

robdob
    Free Member

Ok, mail me on rcatkinATgmailDOTcom if you are serious and they are in new or nearly new condition. Just the one would be ok.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've got Eskars on a couple of my bikes and they've been excellent in wet and dry conditions – I run them at 35psi.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Happy with my Eskar's I run them at about 28psi, seem grippy enough to me, and I keep trying to push my limits on them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tyres: Eskar vs Minion/High Roller’ is closed to new replies.