• This topic has 65 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • What to do with 50K?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well, thank you Aunt Margaret, who was one of life's good people & has shared her estate with some other good people & good causes such as the RSPCA, RSPB, Mencap, ENB&FRF & so forth, but seriously before I ask my financial advisor (my nephew Charlie)What should I do with 50K(ish)?

bruneep

give it to Dave to pay off the debt.

Edric64
    Free Member

Buy a house somewhere cheap and rent it out.It should give quite a good return

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

essel – we've just spread ours across a few banks and accepted the cr4p interest – at least it's safe.

Otherwise buy an M3.

scaredypants

"Charlie" hey ?

50 grand is quite a lot of that, I'd imagine – even with the hookers added in

br
    Free Member

Save some for the tax man, or to para-phrase George Best when he was asked where his money had gone;

Most I spent on women and booze, the rest I wasted

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Buy premium bonds.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Pay the mortgage if you have one – nice to be free of it. If a higher rate tax payer maybe wack a load into a pension.

MussEd
    Free Member

Spunk it on bikes and bike holidays…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Buy premium bonds

What, & possibly get NO return whatsoever?

RealMan
    Free Member

Well if no one else is going to say it.

Give it to me?

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Offset your mortgage, improve your property or buy some shares.

Obviously treat yourself to something too

j_me
    Free Member

donate it to RSPCA, RSPB, Mencap, ENB&FRF & so forth

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

donate it to RSPCA, RSPB, Mencap, ENB&FRF & so forth

ENB&FRF, Essels New Bike & Fishing Rod Fund. Charity begins at home mate. Mine.

Amos
    Free Member

Open a bike shop and I'll run it for you!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Me & Penrod think the same up to now, just wondering what others thought.

pegglet
    Free Member

My auntie kathleen left me £50,000 as well a few years back. Unloaded the lot in less than two years! What a time tho…

TheSwede
    Free Member

So you have just inherited 50G and your on on sad track asking what to do with it. Get one of these tee shirts.

j_me
    Free Member

ENB&FRF, Essels New Bike & Fishing Rod Fund

Are you a registered charity ?

Mof
    Free Member

If I'd inherited 50K, you wouldn't see me for dust…I'd sell up and go live in a cheaper country before this one goes t**s up… Oh bugger.. too late.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So you have just inherited 50G and your on on sad track asking what to do with it. Get one of these tee shirts

Hmmm…Don't think theyr'e worth 50K EACH though do you?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Don't think theyr'e worth 50K EACH though do you?

No but it if you give the tee shirt retailer that for one, A everyone will know you are a cock and B, you will help so one out who needs the wedge and probably knows what to do with it with out asking.

chakaping
    Free Member

Pay down the mortgage if you have one.

Been overpaying mine quite heavily and I'm amazed how many thousands I've saved in interest I'll never have to pay.

takisawa2

I could sell you a nice holiday home in The Gambia for less than half of it. Year round 30 deg sunshine etc etc, but totally useless for biking as its so bloody flat.
    Me, I'd pay it off the mortgage.

Dancake
    Free Member

Spend a few months Sh**ging a Woman who is out of your league

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a perfect investment opportunity for you – double your money in five years 🙂

Actually I do have but I am around 60 grand short of being able to do it

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Give it to us sorry southerners so we can buy a hill worth riding up :-).

samuri
    Free Member

Mortgage, for sure.

That 'don't buy premium bonds' page is so dull and miserable. Jesus, who sucked the life out of that bloke?

There's a *chance* you could win a million, and you'll never lose anything. Does he not realise that people need that little spark of hope in their lives to keep them going sometimes?

What an accountant!

Philby

Pay off part or all of mortgage.
    Increase AVCs into your pension.
    Look at tax free ISA's (cash or share)
    Buy something you want before the VAT goes up

teef
    Free Member

National Savings Index linked bonds – £30K – spend the rest

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Mortgage paid off/down

Any left goes into savings, alternatively if you clear your mortgage then what was your monthly payment goes into savings, the rate will not stay low forever (BoE committee alledgedly split over last months decision, so the end of 0.5% might be in sight, good news for savers).

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Get Morgan Freeman to narrate your life.

jon1973
    Free Member

No but it if you give the tee shirt retailer that for one, A everyone will know you are a cock and B, you will help so one out who needs the wedge and probably knows what to do with it with out asking.

Did you not get enough sleep last night or something TheSwede?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Crikey theres some accountants on here!

£50k = £250 a week for 2 years = enough to have 2 years of absolutely epic fun.

Rent out your house on one of those gaurented income thingies to keep the mortgage paid, and f*** off to somewhere fun!

I'd buy a big sailing boat (OK, not that big with 'only' £50k, but big enough), a custom Nicolai, and go on the most epic round the world trip ever with as many mates as could afford to keep up! Simples, just tow macral lines 24hrs a day and you'll be eating fish till your sick of the stuff, add a solar still and your sorted for life!

Just need to draw up a list of places with good riding within spitting distance of the sea :-p, I'm sure the caribean and Hawai must have some epic trails.

badnewz
    Free Member

Pay off any outstanding debts.
    Buy some gold, put some of it in a solid foreign currency, like the Singapore dollar, buy a new bike, but overall just keep it as there are many rainy days ahead.

hora
    Free Member

I'd go to Japan and have a brilliant tattoo done on my back then spend the rest in Bangkok on ladyboys and cheap counterfeit Whisky.

hora
    Free Member

Pension pot.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why buy gold now?

Gold is at a high.

The Pound is (hopefully) at a low.

Unless the £ tanks again which would take some doing I'd keep it here. Boats are the next best thing, slow depreciation, and can be sold internationaly. Buy a boat in Britain and it will probably apreciate if you sell abroad.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

that'd be a deposit on a house for me.

and a bloody nice bike/holiday/van.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What to do with 50K?’ is closed to new replies.